Moparts

*Help* Reverse lights don't work 99 Jeep Cherokee XJ 5 spd

Posted By: Cloned_Cuda

*Help* Reverse lights don't work 99 Jeep Cherokee XJ 5 spd - 08/09/15 12:23 AM

I have checked the bulbs and switch and they work.
There is nothing marked in the fuse panel for them.
I don't where else to look is there a connector inside the passenger compartment the may come loose?

Thanks in advance.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: *Help* Reverse lights don't work 99 Jeep Cherokee XJ 5 spd - 08/09/15 06:18 AM

I dont know that system so what I'd do is start at the bulb(s) them selves & work forward to each terminal/connector looking for the open
Posted By: Sixpak

Re: *Help* Reverse lights don't work 99 Jeep Cherokee XJ 5 spd - 08/09/15 07:38 PM

I had an issue on my 01 ram. The pin style connectors they use for the reverse light switch wasn't making good contact. And you really could not validate the connection was solid other than to cut the plug harness from the rest of your car, remove the switch,and connect your multimeter to it and work the switch with the connector connected to it on the bench. I replaced both the switch and the harness plug with aftermarket units and it seemed to cure the problem.
Posted By: Belvedere1

Re: *Help* Reverse lights don't work 99 Jeep Cherokee XJ 5 spd - 08/09/15 09:03 PM

Look into the neutral safety switch?? I know on the automatics the NSS controls the reverse lights, overdrive on the trans, and one other control besides the NSS function.
Posted By: Cloned_Cuda

Re: *Help* Reverse lights don't work 99 Jeep Cherokee XJ 5 spd - 08/10/15 11:07 PM

Thanks for the input, I'm thinking what Sixpak said about the connectors not making good contact.
I forgot to check the connector coming from the engine harness to the switch to see if there was power.

Thanks again.
© 2024 Moparts Forums