Moparts

933 oil pan. What to replace it with?

Posted By: chicagotim2003

933 oil pan. What to replace it with? - 07/28/15 06:15 PM

I have a 73 challenger. The 440 i have in it has a 933 stamped oil pan. From what i could find those were used on 74-78 440`s. Looking at jegs and summit there are a ton of options even for the stock pans. Baffle no baffle,oil pump etc etc. My car is at a good friends shop having the trans rebuilt. He said my oil pan is dented and he thinks i should replace it. Should i just have him pound out the dent or go with a new pan? Can you tell me a direct replacement? I know 440 source has some. Their chart says 933 not suited for a/b/e body. I assume it hangs a little low past the k frame. Probably why it got dented in the first place.

To top it off his shop is closed next week so i would have to have it overnighted! Direct replacement or pound out the dent.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: 933 oil pan. What to replace it with? - 07/28/15 06:44 PM

you definitely want baffled. just consider this a BTT for ya & wait for other BB chally owners to chime in with what they are running. As you know we dont want one hanging below the K
Posted By: chicagotim2003

Re: 933 oil pan. What to replace it with? - 07/28/15 06:59 PM

Rapid robert i really want to thank you. I think every tech question i have asked you have responded. You have been dead on with your advice. Really appreciate your knowledge!!!! Also i would like to know how do you know so much about mopars? Were you a chrysler tech or just years of experience?

I just decided to have him pound the dent out. There is to much of a time crunch. I have to get this done by friday. If i get anything less then a perfect replacement it won`t end well. To shallow of a pan and ill have to get a diffrrent oil pump. From what i have read some 933 pans have baffles and some don`t. Not sure what`s in mine. As long as i have a good seal i can live with it. Maybe a project for a future date.

Any 440 ebody guys feel free to let me know what pan you have that works. As always thanks!!
Posted By: m88mark

Re: 933 oil pan. What to replace it with? - 07/29/15 06:13 AM

Originally Posted By chicagotim2003
I have a 73 challenger. The 440 i have in it has a 933 stamped oil pan. From what i could find those were used on 74-78 440`s. Looking at jegs and summit there are a ton of options even for the stock pans. Baffle no baffle,oil pump etc etc. My car is at a good friends shop having the trans rebuilt. He said my oil pan is dented and he thinks i should replace it. Should i just have him pound out the dent or go with a new pan? Can you tell me a direct replacement? I know 440 source has some. Their chart says 933 not suited for a/b/e body. I assume it hangs a little low past the k frame. Probably why it got dented in the first place.

To top it off his shop is closed next week so i would have to have it overnighted! Direct replacement or pound out the dent.

1970 440/426 pan, I also made a K frame skid plate, 5mi of dirt road for 20yrs, a few scratches but my ride height is kinda tall.
Posted By: BSB67

Re: 933 oil pan. What to replace it with? - 07/29/15 11:34 AM

Originally Posted By chicagotim2003
........and he thinks i should replace it.

Why?
© 2024 Moparts Forums