Moparts

Abody rally gauges are they repoped?

Posted By: mcat4321

Abody rally gauges are they repoped? - 07/26/15 01:22 AM

are any repop gauges available for Abody rally dashes?
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: Abody rally gauges are they repoped? - 07/26/15 01:36 AM

The tach is. I don't think it's a 100% accurate.

Not real hard to find gauges.

www.redlinegaugeworks.com will redo/repair the 150 speedo and reface your others.

They don't tend to get too faded. I was shown a trick to making a nice fascia "pop" again... a very light coat of matte clear spray paint.
Posted By: mcat4321

Re: Abody rally gauges are they repoped? - 07/26/15 01:41 AM

i need a oil, water, and fuel gauge, im tired of messing with used junk
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Abody rally gauges are they repoped? - 07/26/15 05:50 AM

Originally Posted By mcat4321

Try www.chargerspecialties.com they have most if not all the 67-71 A body rallye repro gauges, circuit boards, etc

Also try Classic Industries
Posted By: jake4cars

Re: Abody rally gauges are they repoped? - 07/27/15 03:41 AM

Originally Posted By DAYCLONA
Originally Posted By mcat4321

Try www.chargerspecialties.com they have most if not all the 67-71 A body rallye repro gauges, circuit boards, etc

Also try Classic Industries

Nice to know there is a source for A-body guages, I will not deal with redline again..........................I gave Shannon an aftermarket guage to to redo for me at a car show, he looked it over and said the guage is in very nice shape so will only be $45 to spiff it up, well, I get a call from his shop at time of completion and now it's $95, WTF? quite honestly I didn't see any great difference from when I gave it to him, we live and we learn!

Joey
Posted By: ahy

Re: Abody rally gauges are they repoped? - 07/27/15 04:02 AM

I had my "E" rally gauges re-done. Rebuilt the gauges, freshened up the display, converted ammeter to voltmeter. Still debating whether it was a good idea. It looks nice, its original and it works, sort of.

The factory gauges are slooow and not too accurate as new. Just finished install of an Autometer mechanical OP gauge to get more sensitive and accurate read on OP. When I fire it up, the mechanical gauge just jumps. The factory gauge gets there after a while. Concern is on hard corners where the pressure may drop... would never see it on the factory gauge. Thinking of adding a column mounted tach also to get accurate RPM...
© 2024 Moparts Forums