Moparts

Inline Fuel Filter

Posted By: Beep Beep

Inline Fuel Filter - 07/18/15 10:09 PM

I would like to add a fuel filter before my Holley Double Pumper Carb. I am running a 110gph mechanical pump. The Holley has a sintered bronze filter on the inlet of each bowl.

Should I use the sintered bronze filter or the steel mesh inline? The mesh is 40 microns and the bronze is 35 microns.
Posted By: ademon

Re: Inline Fuel Filter - 07/18/15 10:57 PM

I just use a standard fram metal canister type.
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: Inline Fuel Filter - 07/18/15 11:09 PM

Your on the right track thinking stainless screens with lots of pleats inside=hi dollar(like kinsler or someone like that? I'm sure there's others)On my street cars I use a factory repo hemi/440/6 vapor separator as my filter bolted to my fuel pump.

But you want 10 microns in that situation, between the pump and carburetor. I'd leave the sintered one in the carb too.

But really this kind of filter should serve your needs. It's 10 microns.
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: Inline Fuel Filter - 07/18/15 11:10 PM

Originally Posted By ademon
I just use a standard fram metal canister type.

Which is a very good filter used in that situation(it's paper, not stainless), after the fuel pump. up
Posted By: 383man

Re: Inline Fuel Filter - 07/18/15 11:20 PM

I use this style up by my carb which is like the factory type. Ron

Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Inline Fuel Filter - 07/19/15 02:37 AM

I'd suggest a 10 micron name brand (Russell etc) high flow filter right before the "Y" chromed Holley inlet line and toss all other filters (with mech pump system only)
Posted By: Beep Beep

Re: Inline Fuel Filter - 07/19/15 04:50 AM

Thanks guys for the feedback. I wanted to use a 6an connection filter, but I guess I could stick with the steel line setup.
© 2024 Moparts Forums