Moparts

5.7 Hemi oil pan ?

Posted By: rattler

5.7 Hemi oil pan ? - 07/12/15 06:32 PM

I have a 5.7 Hemi, trans and all computers to load into my 64 Savoy wagon. My question is, do the stock Hemi oil pans fit these older cars? My donor motor is missing the oil pan, so I can't just drop it in to see. My donor was a 2005 Magnum. I see that Mancini offers a conversion pan, but I didn't know if I needed to buy that or just find a stock Hemi car pan.

Re: 5.7 Hemi oil pan ? - 07/14/15 03:21 AM

Come on guys, I know somebody here knows the answer to this.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: 5.7 Hemi oil pan ? - 07/14/15 03:59 AM

You need the Milodon 31000 pan. I have a new one that is left over from a project I worked on if you're interested.
Posted By: GoodysGotaCuda

Re: 5.7 Hemi oil pan ? - 07/14/15 01:33 PM

I don't think I've seen any OEM Hemi pans fit in our cars unless there is an aftermarket [tubular] K-member installed. I have the Milodon pan.
Posted By: Darius

Re: 5.7 Hemi oil pan ? - 07/15/15 06:05 AM

I needed a rear sump milodon for my 70 GTX, I did use an Alterktion though.

Re: 5.7 Hemi oil pan ? - 07/27/15 03:42 AM

Hey Andy, do you have the pickup to go with that pan too? Send me PM with what you want for that pan. thanks
Posted By: AndyF

Re: 5.7 Hemi oil pan ? - 07/27/15 05:06 AM

Sorry, I don't have the pickup, just the pan. The pan is brand new, hasn't even been bolted on since I don't have a 5.7 motor. I was going to work on a swap but never rounded up the rest of the parts. Here is a picture of the pan. I'm asking $150 for it plus whatever it takes to ship it.

Attached picture DSC_8861 (Large).JPG
Posted By: mcat4321

Re: 5.7 Hemi oil pan ? - 07/27/15 05:06 PM

i have a milodon on my car, and hate it...i cant keep the rear from leaking,
first i used a stock windage tray/gasket., then tried silicon on both sides of stock tray.. then i tried top and bottom milodon gasket on stock tray, now i have milodon tray and top / bottom gasket still leaks. my opinion is the rail is too thin and distorts too easy..
and yes i am positive it is the pan leaking. i changed rear seal and housing twice. plus it is always dry
Posted By: BigBlockMopar

Re: 5.7 Hemi oil pan ? - 07/27/15 10:03 PM

How about just cut and fab/weld the Hemi panrails to a regular stock bigblock pan...
'Worked' for me (although haven't been able to test it on the engine yet).

Posted By: roadrunninMark

Re: 5.7 Hemi oil pan ? - 07/28/15 05:23 AM

nice idea bbm, what do you do about the pick up? Do you need to move it to another cap bolt?

Re: 5.7 Hemi oil pan ? - 07/28/15 10:29 AM

Haven't tackled the pickup yet but it's mainly shortening the tube and set the distance to the bottom of the pan.
Posted By: Shawndp

Re: 5.7 Hemi oil pan ? - 07/28/15 01:49 PM

I'm doing a swap now. I used the milodon pan also. The onl issue I ran into was the stock pan bolts were a tad to long. I put lock washer and flat washer under them. They appear to be ok now but I haven't run the engine yet. Be careful with a rear sump pan as ground clearance can get pretty tight. I like the mid sump. There are also 2 different pick ups for the milodon pan. I don't believe the stock car/lx pan will work on anything other than what it came out of that being said I have one and the pick up for sale if anyone needs one. Off of a 2009 5.7 charger 16k miles

Re: 5.7 Hemi oil pan ? - 07/28/15 03:05 PM

I think that is great bbm, can you supply all the details or measurements when you get it finished? This is a great cost savings plan. If you don't have to move the pickup from the main cap, then you don't have to worry about buying another torque to yield bolt or dealing with getting the torque specs wrong.

Re: 5.7 Hemi oil pan ? - 07/28/15 11:28 PM

No real measurements done until now. Just some high detail precision eyeballing and maybe just one tape-measurement from the front of the pan to where the sump should end up, in relation to the K-member.

Re: 5.7 Hemi oil pan ? - 07/29/15 03:35 PM

Are you using the BB pan dipstick? I am guessing, since you are not messing with the bottom of the pan, the dipstick should be accurate? Please post pics when all done and in the car, etc.!

Re: 5.7 Hemi oil pan ? - 07/31/15 01:00 AM

Haven't given the dipstick much thought yet. I like to use the Hemi-dipstick if possible, but it will to be modified too ofcourse.

Pics of this pan with engine in the car could take a while I'm afraid.
Currently I'm rebuilding a 360 to replace the 318 in the car.
The Hemi is too big of a project as of yet to fit in my daily driven Dart.
© 2024 Moparts Forums