Moparts

Is there a turn-key engine/tranny business to build?

Posted By: AHall

Is there a turn-key engine/tranny business to build? - 01/19/09 02:24 AM

As im sitting here trying to 'piece meal' hp items on my charger's original drivetrain (#'s matching 440 and 727) Im starting to think it would just be better to pull the #'s drivetrain, put it in the back storage garage, and just build from scratch the motor/tranny combo Im really wanting. My goal is 600hp or there abouts. Track 25% of the time, 75% of time cruising, although my foot is always in it.

Is there a speed shop (reputable with a good reputation) I could trust to build me a badass big block (larger than 450 cubes) as well as build or get me a nice tranny (auto) to back it up where I could send them my car have them install it, test it, tune it, etc. Does a shop like this exist? If you know of one, let me know, im thinking of just going this route.
Posted By: dusta340

Re: Is there a turn-key engine/tranny business to build? - 01/19/09 03:26 AM

in ohio but big 3 racing can do it
www.big3racing.net
Posted By: Wagonmaster

Re: Is there a turn-key engine/tranny business to build? - 01/19/09 07:54 AM

Wyne Smothers is a heckuva builder. Up north of Tulsa. I've seen his work and it is spectacular! He is a long standing MOPARTS member, too!

Smothers Super Cars
Posted By: AHall

Re: Is there a turn-key engine/tranny business to build? - 01/19/09 01:01 PM

Quote:

Wyne Smothers is a heckuva builder. Up north of Tulsa. I've seen his work and it is spectacular! He is a long standing MOPARTS member, too!

Smothers Super Cars

nice! and within 300 miles! thanks ill check him out first.
© 2024 Moparts Forums