Moparts

can someone help identify my holley carb?

Posted By: AHall

can someone help identify my holley carb? - 01/18/09 08:42 PM

Need to ID it to order a new gasket since im currently leaking fuel between the carb and intake. Here are the pics, only numbers i can find on it are 5 digits long, cant make out first digit, but remaining are 0569. so X0569. Here are some pics--

Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: can someone help identify my holley carb? - 01/18/09 08:57 PM

look on the air horn...the part that sticks up with the choke blade on it..

it will have a List number...
Posted By: rrunner

Re: can someone help identify my holley carb? - 01/18/09 09:11 PM

Think you will find it's not the base gasket leaking, but the throttle shaft. The list # will tell what you have, my guess is a 3310 = 750 vacuum secondary

Attached picture 4956698-carb8.jpg

Re: can someone help identify my holley carb? - 01/18/09 09:14 PM

Quote:

look on the air horn...the part that sticks up with the choke blade on it..

it will have a List number...

Ok, here #1 or Here #2?

Re: can someone help identify my holley carb? - 01/18/09 09:21 PM

Quote:

Think you will find it's not the base gasket leaking, but the throttle shaft. The list # will tell what you have, my guess is a 3310 = 750 vacuum secondary

Oh nice, thanks! How does one repair a leaking throttle shaft?
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: can someone help identify my holley carb? - 01/18/09 09:36 PM

Fuel leaking from a throttle shaft is often due to a blown power valve...

List number is in the black box..

Attached picture 4956752-listnumber.jpg

Re: can someone help identify my holley carb? - 01/18/09 09:42 PM

Im debating on just replacing that Holley with a SPEED DEMON 750 VE pictured here---

Would I notice any difference?

Re: can someone help identify my holley carb? - 01/18/09 09:54 PM

If your gonna buy a Speed Demon the first thing you need to do is take it apart to remove machining debris...Besides the Speed Demon is more of a race carb, How much cam & compression are you running? Your combo would likely run better with a Road Demon..

Re: can someone help identify my holley carb? - 01/18/09 10:33 PM

Quote:

List number is in the black box..

Hmmm, ok, where do I find the power valve on this Holley to check that?

I just checked those digits on the flange, and it says, "3310-" -8, or dash B, cant make out that last digit.
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: can someone help identify my holley carb? - 01/18/09 10:36 PM

remove fuel bowl...and then remove meter block..

it is screw into meter block

the last number would be an 8

Re: can someone help identify my holley carb? - 01/18/09 10:36 PM

Quote:

rruner nails it...

Buy a genuine Holley Renew kit & go throught it...

Re: can someone help identify my holley carb? - 01/18/09 10:40 PM

Quote:

If your gonna buy a Speed Demon the first thing you need to do is take it apart to remove machining debris...Besides the Speed Demon is more of a race carb, How much cam & compression are you running? Your combo would likely run better with a Road Demon..

Engle K56 cam
stealth aluminum heads on the 440
compression 10:1

So would the road demon be better?

Re: can someone help identify my holley carb? - 01/18/09 10:42 PM

So would a tuned Demon carb show me any kind of difference or not vs. the 3310 im currently running?

Re: can someone help identify my holley carb? - 01/18/09 10:44 PM

Ive also got this intake getting bead blasted at the moment- debating where or not to install it. What do you guys think?

Re: can someone help identify my holley carb? - 01/18/09 10:52 PM

K56 is a pretty mild cam, 224 @ .050 barely more than stock, doubt you'd be wanting a race calibration on the carb...

Road Demon & that CH4B wouldn't be a bad combo, but again all demon carbs are known for dirty assembly so you should tear it apart & clean it before using it...

Re: can someone help identify my holley carb? - 01/18/09 10:57 PM

Quote:

K56 is a pretty mild cam, 224 @ .050 barely more than stock, doubt you'd be wanting a race calibration on the carb...

Yea, i was thinking of going to the K-60HYD, would i notice much difference going to that cam?

2360-H K-60HYD .534"
.534" 288°
288° .356"
.356" 238°
238° 108° $155.00
.904" Lifter profile for Street & Strip hot rod performance, high compression engines power from 2500-6000

Re: can someone help identify my holley carb? - 01/18/09 11:00 PM

Quote:

Road Demon & that CH4B wouldn't be a bad combo, but again all demon carbs are known for dirty assembly so you should tear it apart & clean it before using it...

I just did some research on the road demon and found this--

"Available in 625-cfm and the new 525-cfm and 725 models, the Road Demon™ is perfect for small displacement V8s or V6 engines. The Road Demon™ 625 targets mild performance engines from 302 to 400 cid, and rated at 250-350 horsepower."

on a 440 ci mild performance engine, it would seem I need one step up from the road demon wouldnt it?
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: can someone help identify my holley carb? - 01/18/09 11:07 PM

Quote:

A blown power valve would drip below the throttle shafts, directly into the intake plenum.

Re: can someone help identify my holley carb? - 01/19/09 01:00 AM

Quote:

Quote:

"Available in 625-cfm and the new 525-cfm and 725 models, the Road Demon™ is perfect for small displacement V8s or V6 engines. The Road Demon™ 625 targets mild performance engines from 302 to 400 cid, and rated at 250-350 horsepower."

on a 440 ci mild performance engine, it would seem I need one step up from the road demon wouldnt it?

Aftee looking over the Barry Grant/Demon website I agree Speed Demon, it's the Mighty Demon I was thinking of...Still I would consider other carbs due to the number of people that have had problems with Demon carbs...Summit quit carrying them due to to many being returned with unhappy customers...

Re: can someone help identify my holley carb? - 01/19/09 01:25 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Aftee looking over the Barry Grant/Demon website I agree Speed Demon, it's the Mighty Demon I was thinking of...Still I would consider other carbs due to the number of people that have had problems with Demon carbs...Summit quit carrying them due to to many being returned with unhappy customers...

Oh yea? What carb would you suggest over the DEMON?

Re: can someone help identify my holley carb? - 01/19/09 02:40 AM

Most likely another Holley though to be honest the one you already have isn't a bad choice, just rebuild it or have it rebuilt...The 3310 is a very good general performance vacuum secondary carb...
Posted By: rrunner

Re: can someone help identify my holley carb? - 01/19/09 02:50 AM

Quote:

Quote:

rruner nails it...

"Thank You, Thank You, Thank You Very Much"

Re: can someone help identify my holley carb? - 01/19/09 01:00 PM

thanks guys, I think im just going to replace the Holley with a PRO Series 4150 from Patrick at ProSystems.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: can someone help identify my holley carb? - 01/19/09 04:18 PM

you might pull the carb & see if you can ID where it's leaking from & replace that gasket. from the pic it might be the AP gasket. I have an extra one you can have. Be alot cheaper than purchasing a whole new carb & it'll give you the satisfaction of solving the problem

Re: can someone help identify my holley carb? - 01/19/09 09:11 PM

Quote:

you might pull the carb & see if you can ID where it's leaking from & replace that gasket. from the pic it might be the AP gasket. I have an extra one you can have. Be alot cheaper than purchasing a whole new carb & it'll give you the satisfaction of solving the problem

you are the man! Can I get your contact info?
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: can someone help identify my holley carb? - 01/19/09 09:14 PM

PM sent
Posted By: Lefty

Re: can someone help identify my holley carb? - 01/20/09 02:31 AM

I would just install a rebuild kit on the carb you have before spending the $ on a new one. I had a Speed Demon 750 vac seccondary in my 66 300 and it worked real nice. I'm sold on 4 corner idle adjust carbs since then. They idle smooooth.

Re: can someone help identify my holley carb? - 01/20/09 03:14 AM

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...rue#Post4957101

Re: can someone help identify my holley carb? - 02/01/09 08:36 PM

I am going to attempt to rebuild it this weekend.

Can this carb be modded at all? It's a 3310 Holley FYI. I didnt know if the rebuild kit was standard or if there were any performance variation rebuild kits.

Re: can someone help identify my holley carb? - 02/01/09 08:53 PM

Ok see the first fuel feed, where it says HOLLEY, then there is that bulge bulging forward right beside it. Up under there under that lip is where it's now leaking like a sive. Any suggestions as to what that could be? That is where the leak is coming from though for sure.
Posted By: dirtybee

Re: can someone help identify my holley carb? - 02/01/09 10:16 PM

the only way it could leak from where you said is a crack in the bowl. check to make sure it's not the fuel inlet or a bowl screw leaking and dripping down to that area, or maybe from the accelerator pump housing on the bottom of the bowl. there isn't really anywhere for it to leak from at the front of the bowl there. you should familiarize your self with your holley, they are very user friendly.
Posted By: 440newport

Re: can someone help identify my holley carb? - 02/01/09 11:20 PM

It could be leaking from one the bottom screws that hold the bowl on. They are sealed with a felt type washer and leak sometimes. It could be leaking from the acclerator pump area as well maybe.
© 2024 Moparts Forums