Moparts

Valve covers - From what???

Posted By: aar1

Valve covers - From what??? - 01/17/09 09:38 PM

I have some extra valve covers. What do they fit on and correct for what year(s). Can someone educate me please? Thanks!!!

Any thoughts on value are welcome also.

Attached picture 4954537-VALVECOVERS.JPG
Posted By: ph23vo

Re: Valve covers - From what??? - 01/17/09 09:44 PM

left 2 are 71 c body big block, far right one is 74 later pentroof 400- 440 or truck.. other looks to be mid 70,s also dan

Re: Valve covers - From what??? - 01/17/09 10:52 PM

Valve covers are "body" specific? couldn't the same big block valve cover be used in a "C" "B" "E" body or truck or whatever?
Posted By: a12superbee

Re: Valve covers - From what??? - 01/18/09 03:17 AM

Not if you're trying to do it the right way. By 'right' I mean all the wiring/plug wire tabs, pvc, all that stuff to be in the proper place to use all the factory accessories. If you're not worried about any of that, use whatever fits the engine.

Re: Valve covers - From what??? - 01/18/09 04:34 AM

Okay............. so the covers would fit the heads but the tabs, holes etc might not be in the correct location for that specific car? That makes sense. Any other input on applications for these covers? The first reply said the two covers on the left were from '71 "C" bodies............ why would they not be the same color? They look like original paint on the covers.
Posted By: 72roadrunnergtx

Re: Valve covers - From what??? - 01/18/09 04:52 AM

IMO, the orange cover on the left is from a 70’ HP BB (rubber PCV grommet, lack of circular impression opposite PCV location). Two in the middle are from a 72’ BB (all motors painted Chrysler blue from 72’ and up). Appear the same as my 72' original set . The one at right, mid-late 70’s RV or truck application maybe c-body as well.
Posted By: moparmarks

Re: Valve covers - From what??? - 01/18/09 02:00 PM

The orange one is a 70/early 71 non-HP cover. The two in the center is a set of 71/4 non-HP covers for both B/C body. Can't really see but if the right one is raised in the center then it's a late cover,75/8.
The cover them selves are year specific, not car specific. The difference is between HP and non-HP on the drivers side cover. HP does not have the plug wire looms.
© 2024 Moparts Forums