Moparts

Removing #7 Spark Plug out of a B body Hemi with.....

Posted By: Sammy

Removing #7 Spark Plug out of a B body Hemi with..... - 05/30/15 02:34 AM

A power brake booster.
How the heck do you get the plug out. The booster is right in the way and no way can I get a extention or socket in there.
Any tricks to remove the spark plug and then get that flexible boot back on. It's a bear.
Posted By: Mr T2U

Re: Removing #7 Spark Plug out of a B body Hemi with..... - 05/30/15 02:46 AM

remove the master from the booster. don't disconnect the brake line just pull it away and secure it.
then remove the booster from the bracket.
now the plug is easy to get to.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Removing #7 Spark Plug out of a B body Hemi with..... - 05/30/15 04:22 AM

Put late model B-body 11.75 inch disc brakes on there and then you can ditch the booster.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Removing #7 Spark Plug out of a B body Hemi with..... - 05/30/15 06:58 AM

Originally Posted By Sammy
A power brake booster.
How the heck do you get the plug out. The booster is right in the way and no way can I get a extention or socket in there.
Any tricks to remove the spark plug and then get that flexible boot back on. It's a bear.

You'll need to remove the 4 nuts (pictured below) on the backside of the booster, disconnect the linkage from the end of the booster rod, carefully "rotate" the booster off towards the drivers side, no need to disconnect the brake lines or master cylinder, just "relocate" the booster...this is the way the factory intended it to be done...

FYI...be sure to remove the compression washers from the new spark plugs you may be installing, they are not needed/nor used on the HEMI, if the plug your pulling already has compression washers on them, hopefully they didn't distort the plug tubes?...causing oil leaks into the tubes

Mike

Attached picture hemibooster234.jpg
Posted By: moparx

Re: Removing #7 Spark Plug out of a B body Hemi with..... - 05/30/15 01:38 PM

not to hijack[ever notice when that is said, that is what occurs ? grin], but i have always wondered what, if any, pedal ratio is changed using that linkage arrangement ?
beer
© 2024 Moparts Forums