Moparts

Engine Cooling

Posted By: Anonymous

Engine Cooling - 01/17/09 01:12 AM

I have a 68 Charger, 451 stroker, factory air with Sanden compressor conversion,26" radiator, 727. I am considering converting the factory cooling clutch fan to a Flex-a-lite model 210 puller twin electric fan and shroud assembly. This is a street car that finds the strip a few times a year. The motor runs cool with or without the A/C in 90 degree temps. Does anyone have experience with this type of conversion?

Thanks
Posted By: MoparforLife

Re: Engine Cooling - 01/17/09 01:27 AM

leave well enough alone.
Posted By: 68Bullit

Re: Engine Cooling - 01/17/09 01:55 AM

Quote:

leave well enough alone.

I totally agree. If you're already running cool in 90 degree weather then there's nothing more to ask of your cooling system. Hard to beat a good clutch fan/shroud setup

BTW, Welcome to Moparts!!! Got any pics of your 68'??????
Posted By: Michael

Re: Engine Cooling - 01/17/09 09:00 PM

Quote:

Quote:

leave well enough alone.

I totally agree. If you're already running cool in 90 degree weather then there's nothing more to ask of your cooling system. Hard to beat a good clutch fan/shroud setup

BTW, Welcome to Moparts!!! Got any pics of your 68'??????

Posted By: stumpy

Re: Engine Cooling - 01/17/09 09:14 PM

Guys would kill to have a system working as well as yours is.
Posted By: dave571

Re: Engine Cooling - 01/17/09 09:15 PM

It's unanimous.

If you are running a stroker in an AC carr, and it stays cool in hot weather, you are way ahead of most.

I've seen countless guys try fan and rad "upgrades" with no improvement, or even losses in cooling capacity.
Posted By: Lefty

Re: Engine Cooling - 01/17/09 11:19 PM

Quote:

It's unanimous.

If you are running a stroker in an AC carr, and it stays cool in hot weather, you are way ahead of most.

I've seen countless guys try fan and rad "upgrades" with no improvement, or even losses in cooling capacity.

No reason to try and fix what's working fine already.
Posted By: StealthWedge67

Re: Engine Cooling - 01/18/09 01:24 AM

Not to mention, going to electric fans is a big step away from any sense of originality.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Engine Cooling - 01/25/09 06:37 PM

Thanks for the reply. Pretty much thought the same thing. Thought I might free up some horses!

Attached picture 4972325-139_3904.JPG
© 2024 Moparts Forums