Moparts

Schumacher poly lock motor mounts taller then stoc

Posted By: meepmeep70

Schumacher poly lock motor mounts taller then stoc - 04/08/15 09:15 AM

Trying to get my 440 stroker in place, regular shumaker motor mounts are smaller then stock so I hoped that the poly lock ones were taller to clearance center link, reversing center link only makes things tighter thank you
Posted By: feets

Re: Schumacher poly lock motor mounts taller then stoc - 04/08/15 07:30 PM

What is the question?
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Schumacher poly lock motor mounts taller then stoc - 04/08/15 11:36 PM

are the schumacher poly mounts taller than their rubber mounts ?

Do they make rubber mounts ?
Posted By: Twostick

Re: Schumacher poly lock motor mounts taller then stoc - 04/09/15 12:09 AM

I saw somewhere in my interweb travels today, shims to put between the mount and the frame bracket. Might have been on Mancini or Schumacher's site.

What is the center link hitting, pan or headers?

Are poly mounts "taller"? No idea but if you have headers, the mounts will require some kind of heat shield or they will melt. DAMHIK.

Kevin

Re: Schumacher poly lock motor mounts taller then stoc - 04/09/15 12:28 AM

Originally Posted By JohnRR
are the schumacher poly mounts taller than their rubber mounts ?

Do they make rubber mounts ?
. Sorry was asking if they were taller, hitting center link, I tried every which way with the link, used schmucker shims on shumucker regular mounts, I have only 1/4" clearance from pan, I think I need to massage my pan some 😁

Re: Schumacher poly lock motor mounts taller then stoc - 04/09/15 12:30 AM

Sorry for slow reply, Moparts seems to have changed a little not even sure if I replyed☺️Will move to a computer might be this silly phone
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: Schumacher poly lock motor mounts taller then stoc - 04/09/15 02:36 PM

Unlike the stock mounts the poly locks don't settle. Same holds true for the Polygraphites. That gives the impression they are taller. It becomes an issue with the fitment of headers or a stock exhaust system from TTI or Accurate. I have run into figment issues using used rubber mounts. I believe the exhaust vendors use stock rubber mounts when the mocked up their systems.
Posted By: Jwilli500

Re: Schumacher poly lock motor mounts taller then stoc - 04/09/15 07:25 PM

Is it an OEM oil pan? I seem to remember an article in Mopar Action (I think) where they used a repro pan that would not clear the drag link. They had to "massage" the pan for clearance.

Re: Schumacher poly lock motor mounts taller then stoc - 04/10/15 04:28 PM

Originally Posted By Jwilli500
Is it an OEM oil pan? I seem to remember an article in Mopar Action (I think) where they used a repro pan that would not clear the drag link. They had to "massage" the pan for clearance.

No it's not a stock pan .
Posted By: vette1986

Re: Schumacher poly lock motor mounts taller then stoc - 04/10/15 05:55 PM

We have a set of these that we were going to use on an A12 car. Has anyone had any issues with them not working on that stock setup with an accurate exhaust system?
Posted By: 1967GTX440

Re: Schumacher poly lock motor mounts taller then stoc - 04/10/15 08:40 PM

I put a set in my 1967 GTX 440 along with a transmissiom mount. It did raise the engine I think about an inch . the transmission mount fell out in 2 pieces and the rubber in the motor mounts was sqiuished almost flat.
Posted By: Evil Spirit

Re: Schumacher poly lock motor mounts taller then stoc - 04/10/15 10:26 PM

The latest generation flat sandwich style locking mount looks thicker than the type I got about 10 years ago which simply a stock rubber mount with a flat head allen capscrew in place to keep the mounts from pulling apart. Schumacher also offers a truck sandwich mount which is considerably thicker than a car mount.

Re: Schumacher poly lock motor mounts taller then stoc - 04/11/15 02:35 AM

meep got it figured out , his centerlink was put in backwards before he bought the car and when he restored the car he put it back assuming it was correct , it wasn't , he's got 3/4" clearance ... but that is with the shcumacher 3/16" shims because the mounts he used were thinner than factory original ... which is the case with the India and Korea sourced mounts I believe.

He'll be replacing those after the first burnout ...
© 2024 Moparts Forums