Moparts

Dome light trouble shooting....

Posted By: Robbins

Dome light trouble shooting.... - 04/01/15 10:50 PM

70 Dart any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Dome light trouble shooting.... - 04/01/15 10:51 PM

Would help to know what it was or wasn't doing. Comes on with the door open Yes or no. Comes on with the dash light switch turned all the over? Have you checked the bulb. Have you checked for power at he bulb? Have you checked for a ground?
Posted By: beedees

Re: Dome light trouble shooting.... - 04/01/15 11:24 PM

Dome lights switch to ground.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Dome light trouble shooting.... - 04/02/15 02:46 AM

power comes from the fuse panel out to the dome light in a pink wire (think hot pink) then the yellow wire coming out from the fixture T's twice and can be grounded either by either (front) door switchs or the headlight switch when you turn it all the way CW. (1) check the fuse (2) see if the pink wire is hot at the dome light fixture (3) see if the yellow wire has continuity back to the HL switch/dr door (it T's from there sideways in the dash over to the pass door). (4) make sure the door switches are grounding. Grab your VOM. pull apart connectors are a good place to lose continuity.
Posted By: therocks

Re: Dome light trouble shooting.... - 04/02/15 03:09 AM

Make sure it has the correct bulb.I cant believe how many people put single contact bulbs in when it takes the dual contact.i went crazy with the first one I did because the guy put in the wrong bulb.Rocky
Posted By: 72ls5fla

Re: Dome light trouble shooting.... - 04/04/15 05:09 AM

Believe the dome light wires plug into the trunk harness
Come together by the deck lid hinge on dvr side

Make sure it did not come apart.
© 2024 Moparts Forums