Moparts

Best place to get carpet

Posted By: GTXKARL

Best place to get carpet - 03/28/15 07:54 PM

Hi! I was wondering what is the best place to get carpet for a 1970 Plymouth GTX with the best fit?
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Best place to get carpet - 03/28/15 08:04 PM

I'd recommend ACC carpet, your choice, 80/20 Grandma loop or High cut pile, either buy directly from ACC or if you prefer ECS's ship flat carpet, contact Dave Walden at ECS, either way it's ACC supplied carpet, either route will be up to $300 shipped

Personally I prefer the high cut pile, very plush, and rich looking, rather than factory OEM Grandma 80/20 loop

Mike

Attached picture 8473608-chargerinterior.jpg
Posted By: RJS

Re: Best place to get carpet - 03/28/15 09:07 PM

And as always you'll get 2 different vendor suggestions.
I stopped using ACC 20 years ago. The Black carpet will be Purple in a year or two. They are always short, company went down after the plane crash years back.
I buy Trim Parts from Dante and have never looked back. Just put one in my 72 B-body a week ago.
Ron
Posted By: Car Nut

Re: Best place to get carpet - 03/28/15 10:05 PM

I second ACC, paid $129 through YearOne, fit the best.
Posted By: BDW

Re: Best place to get carpet - 03/28/15 10:16 PM

Listen to Dayclona

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...&PHPSESSID=

Re: Best place to get carpet - 03/29/15 02:16 AM

Quote:

And as always you'll get 2 different vendor suggestions.
I stopped using ACC 20 years ago. The Black carpet will be Purple in a year or two. They are always short, company went down after the plane crash years back.
I buy Trim Parts from Dante and have never looked back. Just put one in my 72 B-body a week ago.
Ron

Ron, posted below my response, is Dave Walden's (ECS) quote from 2014 regarding ACC, while I'll agree with you about the black carpeting fading in the past (only the 80/20 loop) I yet to have an ACC carpet come up "short" were it's unusable in the last 30+ years of using them on my cars or customers, Trim Parts/Metro South always seem to have/lack the proper molded shapes, esp in the tranny tunnel area, from my experiences/applications... usable, yes, but usually with some creative padding/cutting/triming/etc...the last carpet that a customer supplied me for their vehicle(2012/13), was a TrimParts cut pile, that not only had shape issues around the 4spd tunnel, but came up short at BOTH door sills, so short that no amount of stretching or tweaking would get it under the sill plates

Mike

Attached picture 8473937-carpetw.JPG
Posted By: 1970Dart3406

Re: Best place to get carpet - 03/29/15 04:32 AM

I can vouch for the fact that the Trim Parts carpet doesn't fit so well around the 4 speed hump as I am installing it today in an A-Body. Plenty on the sill sides, but gonna need work around the hump. I've had the carpet for 4 years sitting in a box in the basement. Left it out for a week to try and get rid of the wrinkles. It's OK but the molding of it is not very crisp. It's loop and I know how much Dayclona likes that style, not! It's black, hope it doesn't fade. I do really like cut pile, not sure why I didn't get it.

Re: Best place to get carpet - 03/29/15 04:50 AM

Quote:

I've had the carpet for 4 years sitting in a box in the basement.

I do really like cut pile, not sure why I didn't get it.

Posted By: 1970Dart3406

Re: Best place to get carpet - 03/29/15 05:29 AM

Funny Stuff!
Posted By: Steve Bryant

Re: Best place to get carpet - 03/29/15 02:44 PM

Just completed a carpet install from ACC and the shaping of the carpet made it pretty easy to install. It fit nearly perfect in my E-Body.

I bought mine from Rock-Auto and it was at my house in a few days at a great price.
Posted By: GoDartGo

Re: Best place to get carpet - 03/29/15 02:57 PM

Just did an ACC 80/20 loop in my Dart yesterday, and it fit like a glove with plenty extra.
Posted By: reborn73

Re: Best place to get carpet - 03/30/15 12:58 AM

what is OE for a 73 challenger? 80/20 or pile?

Re: Best place to get carpet - 03/30/15 02:19 AM

Quote:

what is OE for a 73 challenger? 80/20 or pile?

73 Challenger is 80/20 OEM.... OEM pile started in 1975 IIRC
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Best place to get carpet - 03/30/15 01:39 PM

I used ACC in a 4 speed 1970 B body ,,,fit perfect around the hump. It lined up nice to install the accel pedal where it supposed to be. and I had lots of extra material over the door sills . It had been out of the box for probably close to a year laying in a nice warm basement floor ,,,,so it was nice and flat

I used a trim parts carpet in a 1969 charger auto. The fit over the hump was horrible. No amount of sitting in the sun was going to help. Nothing I could do to make it fit and I tried for hours. I am doing a 68 Charger now and I will most definilty be using ACC .
Which sucks because Trim Parts is local to me
Posted By: GTXKARL

Re: Best place to get carpet - 03/30/15 11:26 PM

thank you for the help
Posted By: Fern

Re: Best place to get carpet - 03/31/15 12:30 AM

I used ACC in a 4 speed challenger.
Fit like a glove
© 2024 Moparts Forums