Moparts

Disc brake conversion B/E body on an A body quest

Posted By: Dart6pak

Disc brake conversion B/E body on an A body quest - 03/23/15 04:56 AM

I pickup a new unused Classic performance 11" disc brake conversion from a guy who said they were bolted up to a 1972 Duster---the calipers hang behind the upper control arms and above the tie rod connection --will this work on my A body
Posted By: MOBodyman

Re: Disc brake conversion B/E body on an A body quest - 03/23/15 05:11 AM

Quote:

I pickup a new unused Classic performance 11" disc brake conversion from a guy who said they were bolted up to a 1972 Duster---the calipers hang behind the upper control arms and above the tie rod connection --will this work on my A body

Duster is a-body too, not sure I understand what you are asking....
Dallas
Posted By: Dart6pak

Re: Disc brake conversion B/E body on an A body quest - 03/23/15 05:17 AM

my question is --do A body calipers hang infront or behind the upper control arms---just because they were bolted up in a Duster does not necessarily mean they were right
Posted By: Jim_Lusk

Re: Disc brake conversion B/E body on an A body quest - 03/23/15 05:19 AM

Depends on the year...Spindles can be swapped side to side, so it really doesn't matter, but there may be sway bar clearance issues in some cases when front hung.
Posted By: skicker

Re: Disc brake conversion B/E body on an A body quest - 03/23/15 03:13 PM

73-76 calipers from the factory were in front. You can use them in the rear just fine. I'm not sure of the specifics of the kit you bought but typically you need to change the rubber brake hose when using them mounted to the rear. I think Dr. Diff recommends a 68 Camaro hose when mounting behind.
Posted By: MOBodyman

Re: Disc brake conversion B/E body on an A body quest - 03/24/15 06:14 AM

Quote:

my question is --do A body calipers hang infront or behind the upper control arms---just because they were bolted up in a Duster does not necessarily mean they were right

Ok, I understand now

I see you have a couple of good answers too.
Dallas
© 2024 Moparts Forums