Moparts

Ignition control with Rev Limiter

Posted By: JL2

Ignition control with Rev Limiter - 03/18/15 04:39 PM

Which of the makers of ignition control boxes is best for MOPARS street & strip use, 410 stroker?
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: Ignition control with Rev Limiter - 03/18/15 05:06 PM

Not Summits MSD knock off. My car would cut off or sputter, surge until I turned the car off and back on. I thought I blew the mufflers apart once and that might have caused the stress that broke my valve adjuster. I called them several times and they basically said I have RF interference and to shield everything. I just took it out and put my Orange box back on.
Posted By: YO7_A66

Re: Ignition control with Rev Limiter - 03/18/15 05:23 PM

The MSD Streetfire box has the rev limiter and can be bought for around $150 at your local Oreillys.

Is it the best? I doubt it. But it has run flawless for me after two years.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail...4&ppt=C0150

Attached picture 8463854-MSDSF1.JPG
Posted By: 540challenger

Re: Ignition control with Rev Limiter - 03/18/15 05:49 PM

Iam running a rev-n-nator, zero problems for 2 years now on my 408
Posted By: GY3

Re: Ignition control with Rev Limiter - 03/18/15 06:01 PM

I've ran the MSD 6AL in two different BB cars.

They really improve idle and low speed drivability in our cars and offer accessories like two step plug in and timing control as well.

I have the older style with the plug in chip but the new ones with the dials look neat!

They all hide easily under the battery box (BB) or behind the firewall under the dash (SB) for a clean look.
Posted By: moparpoolman

Re: Ignition control with Rev Limiter - 03/18/15 06:23 PM

Quote:

They really improve idle and low speed drivability in our cars and offer accessories like two step plug in and timing control as well.

I have the older style with the plug in chip but the new ones with the dials look neat!

They all hide easily under the battery box (BB) or behind the firewall under the dash (SB) for a clean look.

I've been running the same set up with a 2 step for 10yrs now, never had a problem.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Ignition control with Rev Limiter - 03/18/15 07:25 PM

All 4 of our cars have MSD 6AL boxes on them. They are all the old school analog style, not the newer digital boxes.
Posted By: sunroofgtx

Re: Ignition control with Rev Limiter - 03/19/15 01:19 AM

Firecore box. Call for details. I'll post pics tomorrow.
Posted By: StealthWedge67

Re: Ignition control with Rev Limiter - 03/19/15 07:01 AM

I run an MSD Digital 6-Plus box. It has 2-step and high-side rev limiters and a timing retard. All controlled by dials, no pills to keep and fight with.
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Ignition control with Rev Limiter - 03/19/15 03:56 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I've been running the same set up with a 2 step for 10yrs now, never had a problem.

just flat out works!!
Posted By: jaque

Re: Ignition control with Rev Limiter - 03/19/15 04:21 PM

was having isuues with my 6al box and after i got the revinator no more.. it works great..
small compact and tidy.. put it on my radiator support above battery to adjust if necessary.. got the black one,
Posted By: dogdays

Re: Ignition control with Rev Limiter - 03/19/15 04:23 PM

My preference is the Accel 300+ box, but that's been swallowed by MSD and is out of production.
The Crane HI-6 is another very good box that deserves a look.
R.
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: Ignition control with Rev Limiter - 03/19/15 08:46 PM

The rev'n'ator sounds like a good choice if you want something small, stock appearing with a built in rev limiter.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Ignition control with Rev Limiter - 03/19/15 09:13 PM

Quote:

The rev'n'ator sounds like a good choice if you want something small, stock appearing with a built in rev limiter.

Don't forget they claimed 40+ hp and 40+ torque gain over the MSD 7Al box too.
Posted By: Hooligan

Re: Ignition control with Rev Limiter - 03/19/15 11:23 PM

Go to www.4secondsflat.com and check out FBO ignition systems.

I personally am not interested in joining the sea of cars with MSD ignitions, with so many other great choices on the market these days. (BORING!) Massive sales does not always equate to the best value for your money. Example: "50 Shades of Grey". Additionally, I have witnessed plenty of people who have had MSD failures. 'Jus sayin'
Posted By: GY3

Re: Ignition control with Rev Limiter - 03/19/15 11:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Don't forget they claimed 40+ hp and 40+ torque gain over the MSD 7Al box too.

Snakeoil.

I was a believer in the MSD after a friend pulled a plug wire, was showing me how far the spark could jump and shocked the (*$#%* out of himself!
© 2024 Moparts Forums