Moparts

Front ABS Sensor/Harness Replacement - '03 Ram

Posted By: Road_RunnerSteve

Front ABS Sensor/Harness Replacement - '03 Ram - 03/10/15 03:24 PM

The wires at the right front hub became brittle and broke off on my '03 Ram, which set off the ABS codes obviously. I bought a new harness/sensor and replaced it last night.

I cleared the codes but the right front ABS sensor code is there immediately again after I just cleared them. Does this just need to reset itself after driving awhile, or did I do something wrong during installation?

Thanks in advance.
Posted By: mikemee1331

Re: Front ABS Sensor/Harness Replacement - '03 Ram - 03/10/15 04:42 PM

Quote:

The wires at the right front hub became brittle and broke off on my '03 Ram, which set off the ABS codes obviously. I bought a new harness/sensor and replaced it last night.

I cleared the codes but the right front ABS sensor code is there immediately again after I just cleared them. Does this just need to reset itself after driving awhile, or did I do something wrong during installation?

Thanks in advance.

it's my understanding that the sensor has to 'see' a few cycles to clear the code. I have to do this on my son's car so I've been reading up on it
Posted By: Road_RunnerSteve

Re: Front ABS Sensor/Harness Replacement - '03 Ram - 03/10/15 08:28 PM

Well, I took the truck out on the highway over lunch and ran a few miles at speed. Shut it off and started it up when I got back to my office and the lights are off and all is right with the world.

Thanks for the input Mike.
© 2024 Moparts Forums