Moparts

70 Challenger sway bar

Posted By: dan9

70 Challenger sway bar - 03/09/15 06:55 PM

Did all models come with a front sway bar? If not are there provisions to add one? thanks
Posted By: 469runner

Re: 70 Challenger sway bar - 03/09/15 07:06 PM

Not all models had them. The base cars 318s etc.. usually are the ones without. Firm Feel as well as others will sell swaybar kits to retrofit their to those models. Might require some slight modification to the lower control arms. Even better would be to get some arms from a swaybar equipped model with the tabs already in place.

Re: 70 Challenger sway bar - 03/10/15 04:15 PM

Thank you
Posted By: Steve Bryant

Re: 70 Challenger sway bar - 03/10/15 05:07 PM

Every once in a while you can find some beat up control arms on Ebay that has the sway connectors. You can cut them off or restore 'em and then you have a factory set.

My 318 Barracuda did not have bars or the tabs for the bars but it does now and I was shocked at how better it handles.

Re: 70 Challenger sway bar - 03/10/15 05:54 PM

Thank you. Mine also was a 318 car. I was wondering if it was noticable with that addition.
Posted By: Steve Bryant

Re: 70 Challenger sway bar - 03/10/15 08:32 PM

Yes, instantly noticeable. I rebuilt my entire suspension and it felt good but not great. As soon as I put the sway bar on the car every turn felt smoother. Even the gradual turns into the neighborhood are smooth and well-controlled and without any kind of front-end tilting or leaning.
Posted By: TC@HP2

Re: 70 Challenger sway bar - 03/10/15 11:16 PM

You can get Hotchkis weld on sway bar tabs on Summit Racings web site.

Or, most aftermarket bars come with tabs to mount them off the lower shock mount.
© 2024 Moparts Forums