Moparts

street dominator vs street master

Posted By: NachoRT74

street dominator vs street master - 02/26/15 04:21 PM

just out of couriosity searching for opinions and experience. They look to be the same ( well, allmost ), with the advantage streetmaster gets the vacuum port and EGR locations same than stock

Re: street dominator vs street master - 02/26/15 04:29 PM

Holley:

Edelbrock:
Posted By: dogdays

Re: street dominator vs street master - 02/26/15 04:34 PM

NO they are not the same. They were produced by competing companies. Of the two, the Holley Street Dominator was the better manifold. For whatever reason the Streetmaster was allowed to die and was replaced by the original Performer. The Holley Street Dominator is still in production and is a better intake than the Performer as well.

R.

Re: street dominator vs street master - 02/26/15 04:40 PM

well, yes, on pics definitelly the SM seems to get smaller runners... and shorter ( curvature makes longer on SD )
Posted By: GY3

Re: street dominator vs street master - 02/26/15 04:59 PM

The Holley Street Dominator always does well across the board when compared to even the high rise single planes. Great all around street/strip manifold that isn't obnoxiously tall.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: street dominator vs street master - 02/26/15 05:42 PM

The SM has small restricted ports intended for a low RPM torque build to generate high intake mixture velocity such as in a hauling truck & give a mileage bennie also. It's a 70's item that never really caught on. The SD as said is a pretty good performance intake
Posted By: dOoC

Re: street dominator vs street master - 02/26/15 05:45 PM

Quote:

The SM has small restricted ports intended for a low RPM torque build to generate high intake mixture velocity such as in a hauling truck & give a mileage bennie also.

x99 and also on a 100% tow vehicle that is lower rpm ... the SP2P is even bester !
Posted By: mopar346

Re: street dominator vs street master - 02/26/15 05:45 PM

SD, just looking at the 2 pictures there appears to be more flow into the runners, the SM has more harsh corners.
Posted By: Rob C

Re: street dominator vs street master - 02/26/15 11:46 PM

Back in the day...... When Ey got into the intake game they were very angry and made sure there work was top of the line top notch stuff. There intakes were the best period. No question.
The Street Dom. Also has built in damns in front of some runners.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: street dominator vs street master - 02/27/15 12:53 AM

Quote:

Back in the day...... When Ey got into the intake game they were very angry and made sure there work was top of the line top notch stuff. There intakes were the best period. No question.
The Street Dom. Also has built in damns in front of some runners.

Who is Ey? The Edlbrock intakes that didn't work very well, the Mopar BB SP2P and the Street Masters, didn't sell very well so Eddy quit making and selling them The federal govts. intervention on smog rules starting in the early 1970s made a lot of after market companys quit making a lot of decent as well as some not so good hot rod parts back then That and the increase price of fuels starting back in the mid 1970s and on

Re: street dominator vs street master - 02/27/15 05:45 PM

Ok, NOW:

COMPAIRING the Eddy SM against the stock one and the Eddy Performer ( not the RPM )

your thoughts
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: street dominator vs street master - 02/27/15 05:53 PM

Comparing the Street Master to the Street Dominator is like comparing an F18 to a Piper Cub. Which one is better? Depends on what you are doing with it.

Yeah they are both airplanes but their design criteria is miles apart. The SM is designed for low rpm high torque and fuel economy. The SM is for the exact opposite. Which one is better? See above.

If you already have a stock intake, run it. The SM or the Performer will not improve upon it other than in weight. If you need to buy an intake go with the Performer unless you get a good price on a stock intake. Pass on the SM unless it is free.

Re: street dominator vs street master - 02/28/15 12:28 AM

The Performer is a stock replacement intake.
that doesn't mean that it is equivalent to a stock intake. I'm sure Edelbrock could show you a dyno chart from a nearly stock 440 and probably a 20hp increase with the Performer.

I run a Performer on a 400 ford in my $500 truck and it works really well.

R.
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: street dominator vs street master - 02/28/15 01:38 AM

Well, I saw zero difference between a Performer and a stock 4bbl intake on a mild 360. So if there is a dyno chart showing 20 hp gain with no other changes I'll call BS.
Posted By: forphorty

Re: street dominator vs street master - 02/28/15 02:08 AM

Quote:

Well, I saw zero difference between a Performer and a stock 4bbl intake on a mild 360. So if there is a dyno chart showing 20 hp gain with no other changes I'll call BS.

The SB Performer has 318 sized ports. Dulcich did a dyno test on a mild 360 and the stock intake made a few more hp. I've never seen a Performer 383 or 440 vs a stock intake test .
Posted By: Dcuda69

Re: street dominator vs street master - 02/28/15 02:21 AM

Quote:

NO they are not the same. They were produced by competing companies. Of the two, the Holley Street Dominator was the better manifold. For whatever reason the Streetmaster was allowed to die and was replaced by the original Performer. The Holley Street Dominator is still in production and is a better intake than the Performer as well.

R.

The Street Dominator is no longer made for B engines. They bring good money used. I bought an RPM for less than I could find a SD for my low deck

Re: street dominator vs street master - 02/28/15 05:16 PM

B intakes and RB intakes are different enough that one cannot use the RB pecking order to choose a B intake manifold.

Perf RPM is always a good choice.
The Torker383 came out top or very near the top in Dulcich's 383 intake test. I bought mine for $50.00.

R.
© 2024 Moparts Forums