Moparts

65 Plymouth dual diaphragm booster

Posted By: bboogieart

65 Plymouth dual diaphragm booster - 02/09/15 11:44 PM

I am trying to help a fellow enthusiast from Finland,
get his 65 Fury up and going for an inspection.
His car was equipped with the rare Budd disc brake system.
He has retro fitted a dual pot master for safety, along with the system from a 71 Town and Country wagon, but the dual diaphragm booster is out of commission.
Anybody have a source for a booster or a rebuild kit?
Posted By: Twostick

Re: 65 Plymouth dual diaphragm booster - 02/10/15 04:14 AM

I think one for a 69 C-body disc brake car will work. I have one on my 66 but it is a console shift car. The later model boosters will interfere with the column shift linkage but I think that is the larger single diaphragm one.

The 65 column shift is cable operated so it might not be an issue meaning anything from 69 to 73 and perhaps later might work if your car is column shift.

Kevin
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: 65 Plymouth dual diaphragm booster - 02/10/15 04:00 PM

Did your friend's original master cylinder have a circular reservoir extension on the top of the master cylinder? I have a booster/MC combination with that feature. Off what I do not know.
Posted By: KingTuna

Re: 65 Plymouth dual diaphragm booster - 02/10/15 06:11 PM

Quote:

I think one for a 69 C-body disc brake car will work. I have one on my 66 but it is a console shift car. The later model boosters will interfere with the column shift linkage but I think that is the larger single diaphragm one.

The 65 column shift is cable operated so it might not be an issue meaning anything from 69 to 73 and perhaps later might work if your car is column shift.

Kevin

I am looking at doing a disc brake swap down the road and have researched this. You are correct, he could use the large single diaphragm or a dual. I have to use a dual due to mine is column shift.
Posted By: bboogieart

Re: 65 Plymouth dual diaphragm booster - 02/11/15 12:32 AM

Thanx folks.
I will pass this along.
© 2024 Moparts Forums