Anyone know what this means?
I was looking for a distibutor on Ebay
and this popped up on several auctions.
Posted By: OzHemi

Re: Ready to run distributors ???? - 01/10/09 02:10 AM

Think it means they have some sort of ignition module built into them
Posted By: coro500net

Re: Ready to run distributors ???? - 01/10/09 02:12 AM

That means that you dont need any other addititonal ignition box,it is all contained in the distributor.
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: Ready to run distributors ???? - 01/10/09 05:28 AM

ECU is built in, ie you do not run a chrome box, orange box, etc. Two wire hookup usually. One wire to power, one to coil if memory serves. The one I used to have ran a hall effect sensor instead of an old school magnetic pickup, supposed to deliver more accurate spark timing. One thing I wonder about them is how easy/hard they are to adjust the advance curve.
Posted By: RoyceFlo73

Re: Ready to run distributors ???? - 01/10/09 08:11 AM

I just bought one from wysco, I plugged in and it ran great. One wire to ignition pickup, then the ground and coil wire (external coil). The problem I have no is retracing all the old wires and [Edited by Moparts - Keep it clean], since alot of the factory wire bundles have the alt, and distributor harnesses taped together.

It's made for a full day so far.
Posted By: tecmopar

Re: Ready to run distributors ???? - 01/10/09 09:14 AM

I posted on here a while ago that I installed the same one on my '85 Gran Fury (I know, not a muscle car) but it was so easy, the results are instant and you can really feel how much better it runs plus its all self contained so a little extra work and a lot wiring goes away.
Posted By: dgc333

Re: Ready to run distributors ???? - 01/10/09 01:07 PM

Quote:

One thing I wonder about them is how easy/hard they are to adjust the advance curve.

I haven't seen a ready to run that didn't have an adjustable advance.
Posted By: Junky

Re: Ready to run distributors ???? - 01/10/09 05:42 PM

Quote:

Quote:

One thing I wonder about them is how easy/hard they are to adjust the advance curve.

I haven't seen a ready to run that didn't have an adjustable advance.

It's easy to set various mechanical advance settings. Has vacuum advance, good for highway driving. It is a high quality piece. I've ran one now for a few years without any problems whatsoever. Easy to install.
Posted By: Dakota_Don

Re: Ready to run distributors ???? - 01/10/09 10:10 PM

How difficult are they to recurve the Mech advance? will they work with a performance set up and a super coil or msd blaster w/o a ballast? what about the module? are they easy to replace and obtain? can the dist caps be swapped for and original type mopar cap?
Posted By: Junky

Re: Ready to run distributors ???? - 01/11/09 04:05 PM

Quote:

How difficult are they to recurve the Mech advance? will they work with a performance set up and a super coil or msd blaster w/o a ballast? what about the module? are they easy to replace and obtain? can the dist caps be swapped for and original type mopar cap?

See reply to your PM.
Posted By: jcc

Re: Ready to run distributors ???? - 01/13/09 02:03 AM

I've had the MSD digital "E" curve all in one SB Dist for 18? months. It also has a VA port. It has many built in switch selectable curves for Mech and VA. It also has a rev limiter. I like it.
© 2024 Moparts Forums