Moparts

Mopar Crankshaft Who makes the best???

Posted By: sixty7gtx

Mopar Crankshaft Who makes the best??? - 02/01/15 11:14 PM

I am looking for peoples option. Who makes the best MOPAR CRANKSHIFT?
Cali
Eagle
Mopar performance??
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Mopar Crankshaft Who makes the best??? - 02/01/15 11:38 PM

I've heard good regarding Ohio Crankshaft Company.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Mopar Crankshaft Who makes the best??? - 02/01/15 11:58 PM

The very best?? Or just something that works at 600 hp? Those are two different choices.

Re: Mopar Crankshaft Who makes the best??? - 02/02/15 12:12 AM

Quote:

The very best?? Or just something that works at 600 hp? Those are two different choices.

600 HP... sound good. Thanks
Posted By: dogdays

Re: Mopar Crankshaft Who makes the best??? - 02/02/15 01:10 AM

For a 600hp engine there is no "best". All the $750 or so 4340 cranks come from the same forging dies, just different machining and not so sure about that!

The real answer to your question before you limited power output would be someone like Sonny Leonard or Winberg.

R.
Posted By: jake4cars

Re: Mopar Crankshaft Who makes the best??? - 02/02/15 01:11 AM

Although I have not used his stuff yet but plan on it soon, Rod Bloomer of BPE seems to have some pretty good stuff. I learned about him from an engine builder friend of mine.

Joey
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Mopar Crankshaft Who makes the best??? - 02/02/15 01:21 AM

Quote:

For a 600hp engine there is no "best". All the $750 or so 4340 cranks come from the same forging dies, just different machining and not so sure about that!

The real answer to your question before you limited power output would be someone like Sonny Leonard or Winberg.

R.

Sonny Leonrard or Sonny Bryant? OP, 600 HP on a Mopar wedge storker motor is not hard to do Plus you don't need a really good expensive all out forge steel racing crank to make that or live a long time as long as you build it right Get the oil clearances right and so on and you don't detonate the motor from tuning or bad fuel OP, how big of a motor are you wanting to build? Which heads, fuel and compression ratio? Lots of choices out there, a few gremlins also
Posted By: dogdays

Re: Mopar Crankshaft Who makes the best??? - 02/02/15 01:23 AM

Yup, wrong Sonny...But any of the 4340 cranks will make enough power to kill a stock block.

R.

Re: Mopar Crankshaft Who makes the best??? - 02/02/15 01:24 AM

Quote:

Yup, wrong Sonny...But any of the 4340 cranks will make enough power to kill a stock block.

R.

Dat be way TRUE , been there done that

Re: Mopar Crankshaft Who makes the best??? - 02/02/15 01:25 AM

Quote:

Quote:

R.

Sonny Leonrard or Sonny Bryant? OP, 600 HP on a Mopar wedge storker motor is not hard to do Plus you don't need a really good expensive all out forge steel racing crank to make that or live a long time as long as you build it right Get the oil clearances right and so on and you don't detonate the motor from tuning or bad fuel OP, how big of a motor are you wanting to build? Which heads, fuel and compression ratio? Lots of choices out there, a few gremlins also

426 HEMI stroked to 500 HP. 4.375 stroke h beam rods. runs great. just getting some feedback.
Thanks

Re: Mopar Crankshaft Who makes the best??? - 02/02/15 01:36 AM

I've built and dyno tested a bunch of different Mopar motors of all types.The last pump gas 426 Street Hemi motor that I built and dnyo tested, 4.270 bore with 3.91 stroke, stock Mopar NOS late model iron replacement heads and stock street Hemi intake with 1967 carbs. made well over 500 HP(actaually nearer to 607 HP ) on CA pump gas at 10.5 to1 comp. ratio. My thinking is your motor will to Have you had it dyno tested or ran it at the track? If not maybe you got more HP and torque than you think I normally get more HP per C.I. from a N/A/ Mopar wedge than I do on them dang 426 Hemiroid motors I guess I'm not Hemi whisperer
Posted By: Suregrip391

Re: Mopar Crankshaft Who makes the best??? - 02/02/15 02:38 AM

I've read a lot of good things about Tom Molnar & Molnar cranks. Founder of K1 Technologies, sold it to Weisco, then started Molnar Technologies.
© 2024 Moparts Forums