Moparts

73 dart, disc brakes

Posted By: RoyceFlo73

73 dart, disc brakes - 01/09/09 08:42 AM

I am installing a 273 v8 with a 904 trans outta a 67 Cuda, into my 73 dodge dart. I bought the whole front clip (k-member, steering, and spindles with drums) So far, everything has gone as good as could hope for. (save for me having to make the tool to pull the stubbord T-bars)

Anyways, I am putting the discs from my dart back onto the 67 set up. I bought the ball joints for the 73 dart to use on the spindles for 67, mounting them onto the control arms.

Are there any problems anyone can for see, i don't get the ball joints for two days.

I hope my explanation was clear, re-reading it, it seems a little confusing!

Thanks a bunch
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: 73 dart, disc brakes - 01/09/09 12:53 PM

As far as I can tell you are putting 73 discs on a 67 k-frame? The weak link in a 67 k-frame is the idler arm. It is 67 only and has an inferior mount on the frame while the 68-up has the idler arm sandwiched between two mounts. Everything should work just fine though as long as you use the upper control arms from the 73 with the bigger ball joints.
Posted By: nomore65BelvJim

Re: 73 dart, disc brakes - 01/09/09 03:06 PM

What car are the spindles your going to use from? thats the important piece of info...
the 73 and up spindles and upper control arms use a larger ball joint that the 72 and back.
© 2024 Moparts Forums