Moparts

68 dart front suspension rebuild question

Posted By: dirt

68 dart front suspension rebuild question - 01/08/09 10:46 PM

I am rebuilding the front end on a 68 dart GT, i seem to have lost the piece on the lower control arm where it bolts into the K frame. it has a bushing on the arm and we were changing them and i cant find the piece now. it sat apart for 5 years.

i was wondering if anyone makes it or if a challenger may be the same if i took the arm off the old challenger i have and pulled the stud looking piece out of it where it bolts to the K frame?

any idea?
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: 68 dart front suspension rebuild question - 01/08/09 10:51 PM

Quote:

i was wondering if anyone makes it or if a challenger may be the same if i took the arm off the old challenger i have and pulled the stud looking piece out of it where it bolts to the K frame? any idea?

you're in luck. grab one from the challenger LCA
Posted By: dirt

Re: 68 dart front suspension rebuild question - 01/08/09 11:40 PM

so the lower control arm stud that bolts into the k frame on a 68 dart is the same as a challenger?

i seen a set for sale but they were only listed for a E body or B body.possibly the guy did not know the studs were the same?

i looked up the bushings that go into the control arm for a challenger and a dart and they are the same so i wonder if the studs are the same?
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: 68 dart front suspension rebuild question - 01/09/09 12:33 AM

Quote:

so the lower control arm stud that bolts into the k frame on a 68 dart is the same as a challenger?

correct
© 2024 Moparts Forums