Moparts

Electrical wiring help needed

Posted By: TrueTripleX

Electrical wiring help needed - 01/05/15 07:40 PM

I have a 71 roadrunner with a 383 that someone has “played” a lot with on the wiring, and I could use some help with.

The car has a 5 pin ECU and a two pin ballast. The alternator has dual field terminals on the back.
Can someone help by telling me where the five wires from the ECU connect and the proper wring sequence between the Alternator, ballast, regulator (modern) and distributor?
Posted By: CR8CRSHR

Re: Electrical wiring help needed - 01/05/15 08:06 PM

Quote:

I have a 71 roadrunner with a 383 that someone has “played” a lot with on the wiring, and I could use some help with.

The car has a 5 pin ECU and a two pin ballast. The alternator has dual field terminals on the back.
Can someone help by telling me where the five wires from the ECU connect and the proper wring sequence between the Alternator, ballast, regulator (modern) and distributor?

Here ya go...

http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=18
Posted By: mikemee1331

Re: Electrical wiring help needed - 01/05/15 10:16 PM

Quote:

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...e=2#Post8379985

it's over in the tech section
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Electrical wiring help needed - 01/06/15 12:00 AM

Quote:

If that 5 pinner is an OE item with a functioning 5th pin then it will require a 4 terminal "dual" ballast. Ohm the 5th pin (red/green wire on archives pentastar diagram) & if it has continuity then yes it is one of those. If it has no continuity (infinity on the meter) then it is a dummy 5th pin & a 2 terminal "single" ballast will work fine
© 2024 Moparts Forums