Moparts

PG Classics?

Posted By: old340dog

PG Classics? - 01/08/09 01:06 AM

Has anyone ever dealt with PGClassic.com? they are located in Canada. I was wondering aobut the quality of their parts and chrome before I palced a order.
thanks,
Posted By: Cudahlr

Re: PG Classics? - 01/08/09 01:12 AM

RUN!!!
Posted By: 70gtx440dana

Re: PG Classics? - 01/08/09 01:19 AM

Use BE&A intead. Same line of parts except based in the USA. Much better service and cheaper shipping. They advertise on Moparts as well! www.beaparts.com
Posted By: NITROUSN

Re: PG Classics? - 01/08/09 01:50 AM

Quote:

RUN!!!

And whats the reasoning behind that comment???
Posted By: 426lloyd

Re: PG Classics? - 01/08/09 02:07 AM

run why,shipping may be more coming from Canada but that has to be expected ,I have purchased lots of items from PG and had no problem at all but some people may have ,as I have had problems with other vendors that have been recomended . by the the way PG and BE&A parts come from the same place CHINA .
Posted By: Cudahlr

Re: PG Classics? - 01/08/09 02:08 AM

VERY POOR! customer service and it will take forever and a day to get your parts.
Posted By: NITROUSN

Re: PG Classics? - 01/08/09 02:09 AM

Call Mike at BEA
Posted By: Dart 340

Re: PG Classics? - 01/08/09 04:11 AM

Dont know about everyone but my parts were in hand
in a weeks time. That's pretty decent. The quality
was quite good. Maybe others have had poor luck.
Posted By: gtx-guy

Re: PG Classics? - 01/08/09 04:31 AM

I have purchased several items from pg. the parts have all been here in a few days.The quality of the parts was very good.
Posted By: nomore65BelvJim

Re: PG Classics? - 01/08/09 04:46 AM

PG's (cudaroadster on ebay) customer service blows
Posted By: old340dog

Re: PG Classics? - 01/08/09 10:03 AM

Thanks for the input guys. Guess I'll stay stateside. quality of work and shipping are big items on budget. I've got a couple of other places I found also.Dante Moparts can also proivde me with what I need also. I've dealt with him beofore so I think I'll stick with him.
thanks,
Posted By: 69rrconvert

Re: PG Classics? - 01/08/09 01:05 PM

I have ordered from PG a few times and found quality and service was good. Shipping was about a week from Canada. I've waited longer for stuff stateside before.
Posted By: johnedod

Re: PG Classics? - 01/08/09 01:32 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the input guys. Guess I'll stay stateside. quality of work and shipping are big items on budget. I've got a couple of other places I found also.Dante Moparts can also proivde me with what I need also. I've dealt with him beofore so I think I'll stick with him.
thanks,

From my experience customer service doesn't get any better than Dante.
Posted By: superwrench

Re: PG Classics? - 01/08/09 03:33 PM

Dante's is by far the best of any I've dealt with.
But...I also deal with PG...and NEVER had a problem with any parts or customer service. I guess every business has a "bad" moment at one time or the other, but a lot of times it can be chalked up to a simple misunderstanding.
On any back-order or supply problems, PG has always been there with the answer and anticipated delivery date.
Just my personal view, but I'll stick up for the guys that treat me right!
Posted By: PAINT IT BLACK

Re: PG Classics? - 01/08/09 03:35 PM

Quote:

thanks,

BE&A has the same stuff. Mike Ross is a good guy. I have had better luck dealing with him over PG - though I have never actually been burned by PG. Their parts are absolutely fantastic. Do not hesitate to deal with BE&A (or PG). They often have parts others don't have.
Posted By: nomore65BelvJim

Re: PG Classics? - 01/08/09 03:52 PM

Quote:

...a "bad" moment at one time or the other...

how about a long series of bad moments? there have been a lot of complaints here about Peter's "service".
how about selling a product that when asked before buying if it would fit your told yes, only to find out later it does not. how about after a series of emails your told they dont actually sell the product for your application and your S.O.L.?
no "simple misunderstanding", PG either did not know his product or sold me the wrong one intentionaly.
I will stick up for those that treat me right as well, but I will also share my bad experiences with vendors who's service was less than acceptable.
Posted By: boomer

Re: PG Classics? - 01/08/09 03:59 PM

Still trying to recoup a $30 shipping fee to send back an incorrect seat cover fron a year ago. They told me they would reimburse me for the return shipping and never did. Now I call them every day just to be a pain in the a$$......
Posted By: DPelletier

Re: PG Classics? - 01/08/09 04:21 PM

I've dealt with both recently;

- 1st thing: Dante is great, but I don't believe he has all the same stuff as PG and B/E&A

- The parts from PG and B/E&A are the same; all comes from the same place.

- I've ordered stuff from PG before, but they are difficult to communicate with. Last order they sent me the wrong hub caps despite my description clearly asking for the red stripe dodge caps.

- I sent them an order last month for around $1500.00 via fax asking them to call me to confirm pricing and get my credit card info. I had called them first to ask a question about thier new '70 Ramcharger box, but the lady on the phone didn't understand what I was asking. I let a full week go by before sending my order to Mike at B/E&A based on the ringing endorsements by people on this site. Mike was prompt and a great guy to talk to (a riot, actually) and I had all my stuff a week later. A week after THAT, I finally got a fax from PG (which I ignored).

I live in Canada and getting stuff from here is much easier with shipping and duty, etc. BUT customer service is paramount and I'll be ordering my parts from Mike in the future based on my experiences to date.

Dave
Posted By: migsBIG

Re: PG Classics? - 01/08/09 11:02 PM

I have had good parts from PC and don't have a single complaint. I'm glad they are making odd ball stuff that others completly over look or the don't thing it's worth their time to make. I got their latest catalog a month ago and it was packed with lots of cool stuff, including 1968 dart dash bezels, 1970 Challenger headlight bezels, AMC/AMX parts, 1963-65 b-body bumper guards just to name a few.

BEA with mike does offer the same stuff, just dosen't have pictures of everything to the site yet (he's a busy guy). Still, If I wanted the parts and wanted someone to inspect them before shipping them for quality, mike would be my fisrt choice.

If ya live in Canada, go with PG, in the stattes, then BE&A would be the way to go. Still, I'm happy someone is finally make the small parts for our cars.

Re: PG Classics? - 01/09/09 03:01 AM

Quote:

I've dealt with both recently;

- 1st thing: Dante is great, but I don't believe he has all the same stuff as PG and B/E&A

- The parts from PG and B/E&A are the same; all comes from the same place.

- I've ordered stuff from PG before, but they are difficult to communicate with. Last order they sent me the wrong hub caps despite my description clearly asking for the red stripe dodge caps.

- I sent them an order last month for around $1500.00 via fax asking them to call me to confirm pricing and get my credit card info. I had called them first to ask a question about thier new '70 Ramcharger box, but the lady on the phone didn't understand what I was asking. I let a full week go by before sending my order to Mike at B/E&A based on the ringing endorsements by people on this site. Mike was prompt and a great guy to talk to (a riot, actually) and I had all my stuff a week later. A week after THAT, I finally got a fax from PG (which I ignored).

I live in Canada and getting stuff from here is much easier with shipping and duty, etc. BUT customer service is paramount and I'll be ordering my parts from Mike in the future based on my experiences to date.

Dave

Dave.....

I've heard that if you phone and get the Chinese speaking lady that you could have a problem.
That's never happened to me. I have always emailed my inquiries and orders to them and usually always gotten an answer back that day.I guess it's now more of a matter of "consistently" good customer service instead.
Until I get an inkling that I'm getting a push-over, I'll still stay Canada side to save the Customs crap.

Richard
Posted By: racealittle

Re: PG Classics? - 01/09/09 06:06 AM

My challenger exhaust tips arrived in 3 business days. The price was better for me at the time I ordered. They insisted on US dollars for payment. I payed with my Canadian Visa card and reminded them that what they were asking for was illegal in Canada. They accepted my Canadian money payment at par.
Posted By: DPelletier

Re: PG Classics? - 01/09/09 04:14 PM

Quote:

I've heard that if you phone and get the Chinese speaking lady that you could have a problem.
That's never happened to me. I have always emailed my inquiries and orders to them and usually always gotten an answer back that day.I guess it's now more of a matter of "consistently" good customer service instead.
Until I get an inkling that I'm getting a push-over, I'll still stay Canada side to save the Customs crap.

Richard

That was my thinking too, but after the wrong hubcaps, difficulty talking to the "chinese speaking lady" and the 3 week delay in responding to my fax, I figured I'd be happier with Mike's superior service despite the duty and shipping hassles.

Dave
Posted By: Barry70GTX

Re: PG Classics? - 01/09/09 05:55 PM

I have an issue with them on a Barracuda back up light bezel.We'll see how they handle it.
I've eaten $37 in return postage so far.

Re: PG Classics? - 01/10/09 03:19 AM

I guess we should keep an eye on what happens......with the product that they handle and the demand for exceptional repros it would be in their best interest to "come clean" on these issues.
There are a lot of items that no one else handles so you would think that they would stand by the product.
As said before, I have had "0" problems, but obviously some of you have had some issues.
PG.....are you listening?!!!
© 2024 Moparts Forums