Moparts

70 Duster rear quarter window help please

Posted By: swifter

70 Duster rear quarter window help please - 01/07/09 10:55 PM

If anyone could help me-This project car came to me in box's so please thanks for the patience with my questions--Here it is one window has plastic mounting by hinge and the other has chrome i get that they are differant years anyone know what years?? also where can I find the rubber glass run I think it's called not for the outside but for the seal that the window seats itself against Thanks and I'm also looking for a new matched set Swifter Thanks for the help guys's and Moparts
Posted By: goldduster318

Re: 70 Duster rear quarter window help please - 01/07/09 11:07 PM

I assume when you say hinge, you mean the latch at the rear of the window. My '70 Duster has never had the windows out and this piece is chrome.
Posted By: 70Duster440

Re: 70 Duster rear quarter window help please - 01/07/09 11:18 PM

The rubber is a Quarter Window Seal and they can be found at a number of places. Here is one, for example: http://www.justmopar.com/store.php?crn=217&rn=456&action=show_detail

The windows have to come out and the frames disassembled in order to replace the seal.

I have some pics of the window assemblies here (scroll down page): http://70duster440.com/misc.html

The only plastic in these windows (1970) are the gaskets for the window latch (where the latch passes through a hole in the glass), and a felt covered piece where the glass pivots in and out of the frame. It's inside the vertical piece of the frame and no-one repops them. They're usually rotted and appear white.

If your windows are in really bad shape it might be easier to replace the assemblies with those from a donor vehicle.
Posted By: boomer

Re: 70 Duster rear quarter window help please - 01/07/09 11:44 PM

I think 70-72 is chrome and 73-76 is plastic. as far as the quarter window gasket, Jacks auto parts out of Howell N.J. has the gaskets. I bought alot of parts from them and they are great to deal with...

Remember use jacks parts not jims parts out of I think New Hampshire. Have heard nothing but bad about Jims

Attached picture 4930783-135_3574.JPG
© 2024 Moparts Forums