Moparts

Has anyone ever installed an LED on a go wing?

Posted By: BarryBum

Has anyone ever installed an LED on a go wing? - 01/07/09 08:16 PM

Don't kill me........but I was wondering if anyone has ever installed one of those slim LED brake light strips on the underside of a go wing....JUST FOR REAR END SAFETY.....
Posted By: blownzoom440

Re: Has anyone ever installed an LED on a go wing? - 01/07/09 08:41 PM

why not put it behind the bumper or something?
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: Has anyone ever installed an LED on a go wing? - 01/07/09 09:09 PM

Better ideas would be to;

1) Purchase LEDs for use IN the normal taillight. The added safety here is due to the faster response time of LED vs. incandescents OR
2) Put a third brake light on the rear package tray (better looking than under the wing) OR
3) Get a license frame with a third light (again better looking than under the wing)
Posted By: Kirby

Re: Has anyone ever installed an LED on a go wing? - 01/07/09 09:18 PM

Build it into the wing? I think it would look cool- if hidden-
Posted By: MoparMarq

Re: Has anyone ever installed an LED on a go wing? - 01/07/09 09:36 PM

Quote:

Better ideas would be to;

1) Purchase LEDs for use IN the normal taillight. The added safety here is due to the faster response time of LED vs. incandescents OR
2) Put a third brake light on the rear package tray (better looking than under the wing) OR
3) Get a license frame with a third light (again better looking than under the wing)

1) Did it to my '72 RR, like the result.

2) Is there one that doesn't look too lame in the back window?

3) Someone makes those? Maybe that's the way to go. Lot easier than pulling the back seat, upper and lower quarter panels, and package tray insert...
Posted By: aarcuda

Re: Has anyone ever installed an LED on a go wing? - 01/07/09 09:51 PM

i installed them into my aar spoiler. it f;lashes PIMP DADDY AAR as I step on the brakes
Posted By: BarryBum

Re: Has anyone ever installed an LED on a go wing? - 01/07/09 10:08 PM

I was thinking about one of those really slim ones. I have seen some that are like 1/2 thick and probably 18 or so inches long. If it were moved to the underside/inside of the wing so you couldn't see it as you walked around the car, but if you were in a car directly behind it you could see it.
Posted By: BFASTER

Re: Has anyone ever installed an LED on a go wing? - 01/08/09 03:50 AM

Check out superbrightleds.com
© 2024 Moparts Forums