Moparts

Did any Vipers come with automatics? Anyone put one in

Posted By: Dragula

Did any Vipers come with automatics? Anyone put one in - 12/25/14 04:14 AM

So I was looking at Viper engines for sale, and I see one with a different oil pan and trans, WTH is it, and why is it different?

Anyone put one in a classic?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Viper-Hot-...cdc&vxp=mtr
Posted By: yellow70charger

Re: Did any Vipers come with automatics? Anyone put one in - 12/25/14 04:36 AM

I believe srt10 trucks with quad cabs came with automatics
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Ram-1500-S...=US_Cars_Trucks
Posted By: sthemi

Re: Did any Vipers come with automatics? Anyone put one in - 12/25/14 04:51 AM

I drove an Automatic SRT Viper Truck... they made them.
Posted By: RodStRace

Re: Did any Vipers come with automatics? Anyone put one in - 12/25/14 05:33 AM

and to answer the other part, yes, I understand that a number of drag only Vipers have been converted to autos.
Posted By: Cudajon

Re: Did any Vipers come with automatics? Anyone put one in - 12/25/14 04:20 PM

The Viper engine is really tough on the automatics theres some youtube videos out there. They were put in the quad cabs so you would be able to tow a trailer. As far as I have been able to determine no Vipers came from the factory with an auto, but I heard if a couple converted for people with disabilities. Check out the forum at VTCOA. Viper Truck Club of America.
Posted By: 70Cuda383

Re: Did any Vipers come with automatics? Anyone put one in - 12/25/14 07:15 PM

Not a factory option in the cars. But as said, the quad can SRT trucks had them. If one wanted to, they could probably mod one into a car.

Aftermarket racers go to autos when they exceed the 1000 hp mark because that's when the T56s start breaking
Posted By: Twostick

Re: Did any Vipers come with automatics? Anyone put one in - 12/25/14 08:48 PM

Quote:

Not a factory option in the cars. But as said, the quad can SRT trucks had them. If one wanted to, they could probably mod one into a car.

Aftermarket racers go to autos when they exceed the 1000 hp mark because that's when the T56s start breaking

What trans did the truck use?

Kevin
Posted By: hemicar1971

Re: Did any Vipers come with automatics? Anyone put one in - 12/25/14 09:12 PM

Been awhile but here goes. No automatics in a true Viper. Srt 10 Ram Truck is a 48RE 4 speed automatic. The Stick transmission in the T56 or a T60. I think only the single cab V10 trucks got the sticks and all could be had with the Automatics. I could be wrong only going by memory and have not looked into these trucks for quite a long time. Still not a bad motor from the trucks and it would be a Super Heavy Duty Automatic.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Did any Vipers come with automatics? Anyone put one in - 12/25/14 09:22 PM

Give me a shot at a Viper with an automatic, we will see how stout it is...
Posted By: jose jones

Re: Did any Vipers come with automatics? Anyone put one in - 12/25/14 10:08 PM

Myself and 2 friends had our Vipers at a multi-make cruise night ( the famous Pavilions in Scottsdale Arizona) minding our own business looking at cars, A guy with a corvette jacket came over and started giving us crap about bla.. bla.. corvettes are better being a jerk etc, My friend with one of the Vipers say's to him "you know a Corvette is a girls car don't you?" the corvette guy looks at him puzzled , My friend say's
"You can get a automatic in a Corvette!" The Corvette guy shut up and wandered off
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: Did any Vipers come with automatics? Anyone put one in - 12/26/14 12:07 AM

Yeah I think the reason they don't put an automatic in a Viper is there isn't and room for the high heels and matching purse to go with the skirt automatic drivers wear
Real high performance cars have 3 pedals
Gus

Attached picture 8373687-IMG_0023-1.JPG
Posted By: moper

Re: Did any Vipers come with automatics? Anyone put one in - 12/26/14 03:32 PM

There was one made. I'm not sure if it was regular production - but there was one. A red one, the first year (93 I think?) they came out. It was when they were all roadsters and this was a roadster. I saw it at the Mopars at Englishtown show back then and there was an announcement about it because it was a "factory auto and the only one in existence" for a special disabled person to drive. I never saw the car close up - but they said it was factory made that way. Autos were never an option so I'm not sure how it got made... but there was one billed as such.
Posted By: moparjimbo

Re: Did any Vipers come with automatics? Anyone put one in - 12/26/14 06:35 PM

There are tons of aftermarket setups out there. Big power, drag race guys have used everything from a Powerglide, Turbo400, various Mopar truck transmissions, etc.
© 2024 Moparts Forums