Moparts

Where to get wiring harnesses?

Posted By: 68SportSatvert

Where to get wiring harnesses? - 12/21/14 06:36 AM

Who makes the best reproduction wiring harnesses? This is for a nice driver 68 Sport Satellite convertible and will be most, if not all, wiring harnesses. Thanks in advance!
Posted By: Tom_440

Re: Where to get wiring harnesses? - 12/21/14 08:30 AM

For stock its usually M&H which is think is only sold through YearOne and $$$.
Posted By: astjp2

Re: Where to get wiring harnesses? - 12/21/14 12:16 PM

Posted By: cogen80

Re: Where to get wiring harnesses? - 12/21/14 03:34 PM

like stated go to year one. and whatever you do stay away from that evans junk.
Posted By: moparpollack

Re: Where to get wiring harnesses? - 12/21/14 04:16 PM

My advice is wait for the 30% off coupon then order from Year One. Year One doesn't always have everything in stock and you could be in for as long as a two month wait. Also if you need it now Mega Parts sells the harnesses but without a discount.
Posted By: 68KillerBee

Re: Where to get wiring harnesses? - 12/21/14 05:33 PM

You can pretty much guarantee a 25% off for NYE, if not a 30% off.
The current year one code:

Sale valid Friday, December 19th through Monday, December 22, 2014 YEARONE Holiday phone hours are 9 am to 6 pm Friday 12/19 through Tuesday 12/23. Phone sales are closed Saturday, Sunday, Wednesday 12/24 and Thursday 12/25. YEARONE.com is always open.

Big Savings for Your
Last Minute Shopping

Use code:BIG14
to save 25%*
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Where to get wiring harnesses? - 12/21/14 05:37 PM

No actual exp (or even hearsay) but you might checkout www.classicindustries.com offerings & see what their prices are
Posted By: dssaa

Re: Where to get wiring harnesses? - 12/21/14 05:54 PM

I only buy from Classic Industries. They give free shipping deals a lot, and holiday specials...no matter what holiday.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Where to get wiring harnesses? - 12/21/14 06:12 PM

I have bought other small parts from classic (from their online store) & then 2 weeks later their pricey but very informative Mopar specific catalogue will show up in your mailbox for free. It has pics/info & is a VALUABLE MUST HAVE reference manual, pics of all the different Mopar bulbs for instance. EDIT I agree Classic is pricey
Posted By: bronze69

Re: Where to get wiring harnesses? - 12/21/14 06:21 PM

Classic Industries sells the M&H harnesses as well. I have noticed a lot of places other than Year One selling them lately, but Year One is quite a bit cheaper, even before discounts. For example, I am needing a dash harness for my bird. From Year One it is $473.99 and from Classic it's $510.99. Since I am not in any hurry, I am waiting for the 30% off to order from Y.O.
Something else that can be done with Year One right now is they are selling gift certificates worth 10% over what you pay, so for $500 you get a gift certificate worth $550
Posted By: dssaa

Re: Where to get wiring harnesses? - 12/21/14 11:15 PM

Maybe I need to get a new Year One catalog...
Posted By: jose jones

Re: Where to get wiring harnesses? - 12/22/14 09:19 AM

Try Evans Wiring Harnesses in Erie Pennsylvania, he makes them himself and they work great
Posted By: cogen80

Re: Where to get wiring harnesses? - 12/22/14 02:22 PM

Quote:

Try Evans Wiring Harnesses in Erie Pennsylvania, he makes them himself and they work great

junk.. i experienced the bad crimps first hand while helping out a friend.

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=5933610&Main=5911578

Posted By: jose jones

Re: Where to get wiring harnesses? - 12/22/14 07:41 PM

Quote:

Quote:

junk.. i experienced the bad crimps first hand while helping out a friend.

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=5933610&Main=5911578

Sorry to hear that I have not experienced any problems with the Evans Harnesses
Posted By: OhioMopar

Re: Where to get wiring harnesses? - 12/22/14 08:14 PM

Quote:

Classic Industries sells the M&H harnesses as well.

Yep. Sometimes Classic Industries has them in stock when Year One doesn't. When I got my harness for the Bee, Year One was backordered for a month. I cancelled the order and placed it with Classic, and YO called the next day to say they had a shipment.
© 2024 Moparts Forums