Moparts

tire pressure monitor re-learn proceedure 2012 Jeep?

Posted By: Hemi_Joel

tire pressure monitor re-learn proceedure 2012 Jeep? - 11/22/14 09:10 PM

I just picked up an extra set of rims and 4 snow tires for my wifes 2012 Jeep Patriot. So I can keep the summer tires on the original rims, making the change of season tire switch over easy. I bought the Dorman TPMS sensors from Rock Auto. The instructions say to use the manufacturers vehicle specific re-learn procedure to program the new sensors.

If anyone knows how to do it, would you please be so kind as to clue me in?

Thanks, Joel
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: tire pressure monitor re-learn proceedure 2012 Jeep? - 11/22/14 09:30 PM

Most sensors have to be programmed to the TPMS ECU with a scanner
Gus

Attached picture 8338865-rearviewsavoy.jpg
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: tire pressure monitor re-learn proceedure 2012 Jeep? - 11/22/14 11:39 PM

Try driving the car at a continuous speed for over 10 minutes, the controller might recognize the new sensors on its own.
Posted By: 69Y2RT

Re: tire pressure monitor re-learn proceedure 2012 Jeep? - 11/23/14 12:26 AM

Quote:

Try driving the car at a continuous speed for over 10 minutes, the controller might recognize the new sensors on its own.

From the servce procidure "Once the vehicle has remained stationary for more than 20 minutes, drive the vehicle for a minimum of 10 minutes while maintaining a continuous speed above 15mph. During this time, the system will learn the new sensor ID."
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: tire pressure monitor re-learn proceedure 2012 Jeep? - 11/23/14 12:44 AM

Quote:

Quote:

From the servce procidure "Once the vehicle has remained stationary for more than 20 minutes, drive the vehicle for a minimum of 10 minutes while maintaining a continuous speed above 15mph. During this time, the system will learn the new sensor ID."

Thanks! Does it say if the key needs to be on, or engine running during the 20 minutes stationary?
Posted By: 69Y2RT

Re: tire pressure monitor re-learn proceedure 2012 Jeep? - 11/23/14 03:02 AM

Shouldn't matter if the key is on or not, as long as the senor is not moving for 20 minutes. That is how long the sensor takes to switch from "park mode" to "30 block mode" so it can initiate the learning sequence.
© 2024 Moparts Forums