Moparts

Hemi Rockers (Dick Landy set)

Posted By: Suregrip391

Hemi Rockers (Dick Landy set) - 11/21/14 01:27 AM

I just wanted to know if these Dick Landy Roller rocker assemblies can be used on a set of aluminum mopar performance cylinder heads in place of a set of stock rocker assemblies? The engine would be a 426/472 stroker hemi. Are these overkill or a good choice without any special mods? Do you need any special oiling like thru the pushrods too? Thanks guys...

Attached picture 8337298-image.jpg

Re: Hemi Rockers (Dick Landy set) - 11/21/14 01:29 AM

Also will they fit under stock original black wrinkle finish hemi valve covers?
Posted By: HemiRick

Re: Hemi Rockers (Dick Landy set) - 11/21/14 02:14 AM

These are the same rockers that came on the alum headed crate engines....so yes they will work fine.
With a large cam, converting to pushrod oiling or improving the oiling is needed to prevent burning pushrod ends.

I'm using cast alum Mopar covers so dont know for sure but I think these will fit under stock covers.

Re: Hemi Rockers (Dick Landy set) - 11/21/14 02:22 AM

Quote:

These are the same rockers that came on the alum headed crate engines....so yes they will work fine.
With a large cam, converting to pushrod oiling or improving the oiling is needed to prevent burning pushrod ends.

I'm using cast alum Mopar covers so dont know for sure but I think these will fit under stock covers.

I think the cam lift is .557 intake/.540 exh , it's a solid cam, these really came on crate motors? Dick landy stainless rollers? What is the difference between a set using "collars" on the shafts, and others use springs? Is one preferred over the other?
Posted By: Triggerfish

Re: Hemi Rockers (Dick Landy set) - 11/21/14 02:55 AM

I had these on my 1970 434 Hemi with iron heads & stock black crinkle covers & had to dimple them a bit where the exhaust rockers hit. Only had a 574 lift solid flat tappet cam & never had pushrod issues.
© 2024 Moparts Forums