Moparts

1-wire or Denso alternator bracket for 383 with A/C....

Posted By: Big Squeeze

1-wire or Denso alternator bracket for 383 with A/C.... - 11/17/14 04:52 PM

Does anyone make an alternator bracket, or kit, to install a GM 1-wire or 120 AMP Denso alternator on a low deck big block WITH A/C in a '69 B-body? I've got a single groove aftermarket compressor, so the alternator only needs a one groove pulley.
Posted By: Jerry

Re: 1-wire or Denso alternator bracket for 383 with A/C.... - 11/17/14 04:53 PM

we've got a serpentine belt kit that uses a nippendenso alternator. you could also just use the bracket and we could sell that separately.
Posted By: upnover

Re: 1-wire or Denso alternator bracket for 383 with A/C.... - 11/18/14 02:53 AM

I think 440 source makes kits for the nippo alt?
Posted By: ahy

Re: 1-wire or Denso alternator bracket for 383 with A/C.... - 11/18/14 03:32 AM

Andy F and Mancini have the kits for non AC cars but I haven't seen kits for "with AC".

The fixed alternator mount spacing and extra bracing "with AC" greatly complicates fitting a non standard alternator. I wound up going with the "big Chrysler" alternator from my core engine ('78 Cordoba with a 400). Plenty of juice but very heavy.

An alternative I am considering is a "mean green" alternator. Nacho found this one. They apparently offer a 160+ amp alternator that fits in the space of a squareback. A second alternative is adapting the "big Chrysler" brackets to a Nippendenso.

http://shop.mean-green.com/main.sc
Posted By: Skeptic

Re: 1-wire or Denso alternator bracket for 383 with A/C.... - 11/18/14 03:32 AM

If you wish to stick with the v-belt Mancini sells a set that Andy F makes, link shows a kit, but I've bought just the bracket kit. You may need to call them. HTH, Steve
© 2024 Moparts Forums