Moparts

tti header to tti exhaust system, did you do it yoursel

Posted By: Hemi ragtop

tti header to tti exhaust system, did you do it yoursel - 11/15/14 01:21 AM

I have a 66' HEMI B body with tti headers. I am looking at going from a shop built 2-1/2" system to a tti 3". The web site is not that informative. Have any of you done this "at home" or is a muffler shop still required?
Posted By: ahy

Re: tti header to tti exhaust system, did you do it yoursel - 11/15/14 01:48 AM

I did mine "at home". Pretty straight forward. Get the car as high as you can on stands and have at it. The kit was complete and installed as advertised (3" on a '70E). Usually its best to start the install from the rear and move forward. The hardest part for me was getting the exit pipes positioned correctly... took a little trial and error.
Posted By: bobby66

Re: tti header to tti exhaust system, did you do it yoursel - 11/15/14 01:58 AM

Did mine in the parking lot at work many years ago. Plant was closed that day and that's where my tools were.... It was a pretty good days work, but nothing serious. Had to do a little trimming in the back so everything cleared. TTI makes nice stuff.

Re: tti header to tti exhaust system, did you do it yoursel - 11/15/14 02:10 AM

Thanks for the replies. Did you use their mufflers? and does any one have any before and after tests, chassis dyno #s or mph on the strip?
Engine made 650 HP on dyno with open headers,

Attached picture 8331408-DSCN1292.JPG
Posted By: lewtot184

Re: tti header to tti exhaust system, did you do it yoursel - 11/15/14 02:49 AM

i did the full 2" header, 3" exhaust with mufflers on my 65 coronet big block. very easy to install.
Posted By: 383man

Re: tti header to tti exhaust system, did you do it yoursel - 11/15/14 03:03 AM

Same here as I did mine right on the garage floor. 2" TTI headers with their 3" system out to the rear bumper with an X-pipe. I used Dyno-Max Ultra-Flow mufflers also and I had no problems at all installing mine on my 63. Ron

Posted By: billohio

Re: tti header to tti exhaust system, did you do it yoursel - 11/15/14 03:12 AM

I put headers and the 3 inch with x pipe on my 67 gtx myself. Easier if you get a helper. I used the dynomax VT mufflers and had to add a short extension. Not the best video but you can hear it. These mufflers eliminate drone. See if this works. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nyoq1B4Lt54
Posted By: 72N96RR

Re: tti header to tti exhaust system, did you do it yoursel - 11/15/14 05:32 AM

mine was done when I bought the car...full system including headers...Ive never seen a system that is that solid and well put together...never any weird header noises no rattles no leaks no problems period..im sold for life..
Posted By: Ramrod39

Re: tti header to tti exhaust system, did you do it yoursel - 11/15/14 08:28 AM

2" TTI headers and 3" full TTI system on a RB-motored '65 B-body for me. I was really impressed at how well everything fit. An easy install, did not have to tweek a single piece.

Re: tti header to tti exhaust system, did you do it yoursel - 11/15/14 02:46 PM

Thanks guys, sounds like a weekend job.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: tti header to tti exhaust system, did you do it yoursel - 11/15/14 05:07 PM

Tti exhaust systems are very nice but wayyyyyyyyyyyy over-priced,i had a custom 3" header back exhaust put on my duster made exactely the way I wanted it with stainless mufflers installed for no where near what tti charges for just their pipes..
Posted By: 1Fast340

Re: tti header to tti exhaust system, did you do it yoursel - 11/15/14 05:16 PM

Quote:

Tti exhaust systems are very nice but wayyyyyyyyyyyy over-priced,i had a custom 3" header back exhaust put on my duster made exactely the way I wanted it with stainless mufflers installed for no where near what tti charges for just their pipes..

Any pics of the much less costly system?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: tti header to tti exhaust system, did you do it yoursel - 11/15/14 05:45 PM

Quote:

Any pics of the much less costly system?

Not at the moment but next time I have it on the lift i'll get you some..
Posted By: 451Mopar

Re: tti header to tti exhaust system, did you do it yoursel - 11/15/14 08:35 PM

My '71 Charger has the 3" TTI "H" pipe exhaust connected to hooker headers. I had to shorten the "H" pipe a bit because the headers must exit closer than the TTI headers? The super flow mufflers sound good, and are way quieter than the old exhaust a 3-1/2" exhaust with race bullet mufflers that was too loud. Best thing was no loss in performance. With this "H" pipe setup I can get the 727 trans out without removing the exhaust (but I do have to remove one header.)

The '69 Coronet has the 2-1/2" "X" pipe TTI system. I had to shorten the pipes for the exhaust tips. I don't recall if I had to shorten the pipes going into the mufflers?
I wanted to make this exhaust easy to remove, so I welded collector flanges to the back of the mufflers and tailpipe connection, so the whole exhaust can be unbolted and removed to service the manual transmission.
© 2024 Moparts Forums