Moparts

Rewire with Painless or Ron Francis for street/strip

Posted By: Brian

Rewire with Painless or Ron Francis for street/strip - 10/20/14 02:35 AM

Application is 1971 Duster with Gen III Hemi, A/C. What re your experiences with these guys?
Posted By: TJP

Re: Rewire with Painless or Ron Francis for street/strip - 10/20/14 02:52 AM

Painless is anything but, Francis is A bit better,
I would suggest an American Auto wire kit, For a totally custom or race car, hiway 15 kit will probably fit the bill depending on the number of accessories

Posted By: rapom

Re: Rewire with Painless or Ron Francis for street/strip - 10/20/14 11:03 PM

I used both and both were not painless. The painless kit was just a bit more mopar specific.
Posted By: Centerline

Re: Rewire with Painless or Ron Francis for street/strip - 10/21/14 04:58 AM

The Ron Francis kit uses a proprietary black box that no one can fix but him. Painless is better, but neither are going to be simple to install. American Autowire is good and another good one is "Its a snap". Any one of them will work, its pretty much personal choice.
Posted By: djw383

Re: Rewire with Painless or Ron Francis for street/strip - 10/23/14 03:00 AM

American Auto Wire
Posted By: cdoublejj

Re: Rewire with Painless or Ron Francis for street/strip - 10/23/14 06:43 AM

i've heard good things about ron francis. i have been looking at the xp 777. idk what kind of box it would have since older mopars don't have computers. they have a life time warranty for as long as the car is on the road. in my case i have 70 B body, that i plan to update with some bells and wistles. AAW does only has challenger/Cuda kits.
Posted By: Sxrxrnr

Re: Rewire with Painless or Ron Francis for street/strip - 10/23/14 06:14 PM

I cannot speak for other suppliers, but have Ron Francis system in 59 Vette Resto-Mod.

The color coding for their wiring circuitry is completely off from stock GM. Can drive you into a frenzy when troubleshooting electrical glitches.
Posted By: EDDIEB

Re: Rewire with Painless or Ron Francis for street/strip - 11/11/14 03:33 AM

I did my 69 roadrunner last winter with the Ron Francis kit,tech was awesome
,second to none,highly recommend
© 2024 Moparts Forums