Moparts

Best combo, caster wheels for locking

Posted By: WyleECoyote

Best combo, caster wheels for locking - 10/18/14 11:16 PM

I'm finishing up assembly on my abrasive blast cabinet and I think I'd like to have it on wheels. I like a clean garage so I move everything out a couple of times a year to tidy up.

Should they all be swivel wheels?
Or a combination of fixed and swivel?
Should all four lock or just the front two?

Any tips, advice, recommendations, or experience is appreciated!

Thanks.

Posted By: MuuMuu101

Re: Best combo, caster wheels for locking - 10/18/14 11:53 PM

I don't know whether or not which wheels should swivel but I bought some double wheel casters with 3" wheels for a project and they rolled around great. I bought them from McMaster.
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Best combo, caster wheels for locking - 10/19/14 02:33 AM

Unless your garage floor has a 30 degree slope I wouldn't bother with locking casters. Go with 4 swivels.

Re: Best combo, caster wheels for locking - 10/19/14 02:04 PM

Good point. Its not like I'll be doing any "leveraging" inside the cabinet to where it would be rollin' about. Thanks!
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Best combo, caster wheels for locking - 10/19/14 02:47 PM

Also, install the casters so that the arm holes are still at a comfortable height. That may mean shortening the legs before installing the casters.

Re: Best combo, caster wheels for locking - 10/19/14 04:04 PM

Quote:

Also, install the casters so that the arm holes are still at a comfortable height. That may mean shortening the legs before installing the casters.

I'm right on track with ya on this one! I've busted out the Wile E drafting table and I'm drawing up my schematic as I type this!! Thanks!
© 2024 Moparts Forums