Moparts

Tuff wheel

Posted By: 74DS

Tuff wheel - 10/14/14 07:46 PM

Is there someone who restores tuff wheels ?
Posted By: RJS

Re: Tuff wheel - 10/14/14 10:29 PM

Here's a BUMP. I'd like to know too
Ron
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: Tuff wheel - 10/14/14 10:41 PM

I don't know if anyone can restore or replace the foam?

About 8-10 years ago Matt from MCB trim rewrapped 2 tough wheels for me at separate times with leather. Restored the metal spokes also. They look really nice and feel great in your hands.

One of my wheels had spiral stuff wrapped around the foam and left deep impressions in the foam. He wraps the foam with leather and the foam must be smooth. He spent months on it for me to get the foam smooth with fillers and called me like twice. It came out really smooth and no spiral indentations was visible in the leather, that was a tough restore and it is holding great today from almost 10 years ago.

I looked on his website before and didn't see anything about tough wheels, he's worth a call imo.
Posted By: RJS

Re: Tuff wheel - 10/15/14 01:40 AM

If you get a chance can you post up some pictures.
Ron
Posted By: Yellow Fever

Re: Tuff wheel - 10/15/14 04:26 AM

http://www.tuffwheelrestoration.com/tuffwheel.html
Posted By: Yellow Fever

Re: Tuff wheel - 10/15/14 04:27 AM

http://www.tuffwheelrestoration.com/steering.html
Posted By: NachoRT74

Re: Tuff wheel - 10/16/14 03:20 PM

with all the nice repros around I wouldn't take care about tuff wheel "resto" anymore like I was interested before the repro tuff wheels came out to the market with similar or CHEAPER price than the leather cover made by MCB. I requested a quote before the tuff wheel repros age to MCB and it was on $250 or so ( plus both shippings ) maybe 6 or 7 years ago. Repro wheels are between $170-200 nowdays.

Beside that, actually I wouldn't call resto, like really a fix since is not taken to original conditions, but just taken to the original look with the leather cover and new rubber grip as filler. Of course is a NICE LOOK AND GREAT JOB, but not really a resto in all the word extension.
© 2024 Moparts Forums