Moparts

Mopar Virgin

Posted By: Anonymous

Mopar Virgin - 01/04/09 12:15 AM

Please be gentle...I'm rebuilding a '71 Charger that I just picked up from a neighbor. Trying to figure out how to decode the VIN. Anyone wanna try and help me?
Posted By: pettyblue440

Re: Mopar Virgin - 01/04/09 12:16 AM

maybe if you post the vin we could
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Mopar Virgin - 01/04/09 12:17 AM

Welcome and post away! Do you have the fender tag info handy, we can decode it too if you like.
Posted By: Butt Ugly

Re: Mopar Virgin - 01/04/09 12:20 AM

Can't help with decoding but a pic of the car would be cool. And Welcome to the Madness.
Posted By: bigblock340power

Re: Mopar Virgin - 01/04/09 12:23 AM

We still need the VIN, and fender tag. We're waiting
Posted By: jrwoodjoe

Re: Mopar Virgin - 01/04/09 12:29 AM

Hi and welcome to Moparts.

Moparts has a vin decoder that you can dowload. You can find it on this page:

http://www.moparts.org/Tech/

Also, Here is a site that has some great tools and vin decoding.

http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=31

Good luck with your project!

Joe

Re: Mopar Virgin - 01/04/09 12:47 AM

Can't figure out how to downsize the thumbnail. Just hold your stuff until I figure this thing out.
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: Mopar Virgin - 01/04/09 12:50 AM

I will ask the question that everyone is wondering...Is your avatar really a picture of you?
You're pretty!

Re: Mopar Virgin - 01/04/09 12:53 AM

Well, yeah...I figured y'all would like to put a face to the chick that doesn't really know what she's doing here

Re: Mopar Virgin - 01/04/09 12:58 AM

Very nice to meet you.
We're all gentlemen here (most of us anyway) and are happy to oblige with assistance!

...and we don't know what we're doing either.

Re: Mopar Virgin - 01/04/09 01:04 AM

Thank you for your gentile hospitality. Still can't figure out how to post additional pictures of the car or the VIN. The numbers are: WP29P2G106218 (to the best I could make out on the metal plate on the dash)
Posted By: NTOLERANCE

Re: Mopar Virgin - 01/04/09 01:07 AM

Email me your Cars pics if youd like, and I can resize and post'em.

ntoleranse@yahoo.com

Re: Mopar Virgin - 01/04/09 01:09 AM

Thanks for the Chrysler Decoder site. It worked! Now I need to find a rear deck lid and a shaker hood...

Re: Mopar Virgin - 01/04/09 01:15 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the Chrysler Decoder site. It worked! Now I need to find a rear deck lid and a shaker hood...

Shaker hood on a Charger? You sure you want to do that? Shakers are a 'Cuda/Challenger item...

Re: Mopar Virgin - 01/04/09 01:21 AM

no shakers on chargers!!!

Re: Mopar Virgin - 01/04/09 01:32 AM

I think what you want is a Ramcharger hood? Someone show her a picture of one.

Re: Mopar Virgin - 01/04/09 01:43 AM

Heres some pics......400, 727, floor shift, AC, hidden lights......

Re: Mopar Virgin - 01/04/09 01:54 AM

Who put that Plymouth Sundance seat in there?

Looks like youve got both buckets, wheres the console?

Green/gold car with a tan white interior? Nothing like 70's earth tones huh?

Re: Mopar Virgin - 01/04/09 01:58 AM

OK, then how about a Rallye hood????

Re: Mopar Virgin - 01/04/09 02:02 AM

Console is in the backseat. I do have both original bucket seats; I'm guessing the man I bought it from put the Plymouth seat in it. I have a 4speed that came off a '68 GTX 440 I would willing to trade for the Rallye hood.
Posted By: dodgeram440

Re: Mopar Virgin - 01/04/09 02:07 AM

Is that your car that Ntolerance posted? I believe that is a 72, not a 71. A bit rusty but I can see good things for that car. My first Mopar was a 71 Charger. Wish I still had that one.

Re: Mopar Virgin - 01/04/09 02:10 AM

Quote:

Is that your car that Ntolerance posted? I believe that is a 72, not a 71. A bit rusty but I can see good things for that car. My first Mopar was a 71 Charger. Wish I still had that one.

Yeah sorry, her car not mine.....

Then again, me posting pics of my car in the thread she started would be a bit odd....

Wouldnt be the strangest thing I've done though!
Posted By: Orange_Crush

Re: Mopar Virgin - 01/04/09 02:45 AM

Quote:

I will ask the question that everyone is wondering...Is your avatar really a picture of you?
You're pretty!

Y'all be gentlemen...Backwoodbarbie sat behind me in high school history (yes...it made it hard to concentrate) and I know for a fact that she knows how to use a firearm and I'm pretty sure she can dispose of a body!

And Rhino...this may be a tall order, but try to behave!
Posted By: jrwoodjoe

Re: Mopar Virgin - 01/04/09 03:08 AM

Quote:

Backwoodbarbie sat behind me in high school history (yes...it made it hard to concentrate)

Ummm, I've seen some of your posts...and Ummm...unless she was sitting behind you when you typed them....I think the concentration thing maybe old age creep'n up on ya.

Joe

Re: Mopar Virgin - 01/04/09 03:14 AM

Quote:

Quote:

You're pretty!

Y'all be gentlemen...Backwoodbarbie sat behind me in high school history (yes...it made it hard to concentrate) and I know for a fact that she knows how to use a firearm and I'm pretty sure she can dispose of a body!

You bringing her to Carlisle this year... I wouldn't ever sit behind you, I hope she is alright...

Re: Mopar Virgin - 01/04/09 03:21 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You're pretty!

You bringing her to Carlisle this year... I wouldn't ever sit behind you, I hope she is alright...

I'm trying to talk her into it...but now that she knows I know you, that might be tough!
Posted By: etek

Re: Mopar Virgin - 01/04/09 04:04 AM

Quote:

You're pretty!

And you're GULLIBLE!! I don't buy it - even if someone says they sat behind her in highschool! Mind if you post a pic of yourself besie your car?? Sorry, but I'm a cycnical [Edited by Moparts - Keep it clean]!

Re: Mopar Virgin - 01/04/09 04:13 AM

Quote:

Quote:

You're pretty!

And you're GULLIBLE!! I don't buy it - even if someone says they sat behind her in highschool! Mind if you post a pic of yourself besie your car?? Sorry, but I'm a cycnical [Edited by Moparts - Keep it clean]!

Ahhh, 13 posts. That explains it. See, this type of thing is not representative of the average Moparts member, Barbie.

And I didn't sit behind her...she sat behind me.
Posted By: JDMopar

Re: Mopar Virgin - 01/04/09 05:19 AM

I don't think Etek was around on this board to have been stung by Challygirl, but I guess he can be a skeptic if he wants. He's on another board I'm on, and he's an alright dude. He has his own hot chick beside the car pics...lol.

Barbie....welcome to the board You should be able to find about anything you need here......and lot's of things you don't....lol Good luck with your Charger

Re: Mopar Virgin - 01/04/09 05:29 AM

Quote:

Quote:

You're pretty!

I received an email from her, and I will say she's legit.

'Nuff said.
Posted By: 451Mopar

Re: Mopar Virgin - 01/04/09 05:39 AM

From the VIN it is a 1972.
Here is a picture of my '71 on the chassis dyno.
It has a '72 power buldge hood I got from a junk yard.

Attached picture 4921806-20020601_001.jpg
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Mopar Virgin - 01/04/09 06:05 AM

Quote:

Which reminds me where is double R these days Someone said that he was out delivering toys for xmas & busy doing other random acts of kindness

Re: Mopar Virgin - 01/04/09 01:53 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Which reminds me where is double R these days Someone said that he was out delivering toys for xmas & busy doing other random acts of kindness

Havent' heard from him lately, but I owe him money so I am sure I will soon...
Posted By: jsmopar1072

Re: Mopar Virgin - 01/04/09 02:08 PM

Attached picture 4922104-mycharger262.jpg
Posted By: 70shaker6pk

Re: Mopar Virgin - 01/04/09 02:19 PM

Looks like you have a nice car to start with, it will be very nice when you finish it, what color are you going to paint it? Good luck with your project!
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Mopar Virgin - 01/04/09 02:53 PM

Wow! Almost 700 views! Must be a lot of lonely people on moparts.

Re: Mopar Virgin - 01/04/09 03:22 PM

Quote:

no doubt. Kind of hard to not check out a handle like that.
Posted By: ashburnmike

Re: Mopar Virgin - 01/04/09 03:26 PM

Quote:

Quote:

no doubt. Kind of hard to not check out a handle like that.

Amen to that
Posted By: blownzoom440

Re: Mopar Virgin - 01/04/09 03:28 PM

welcome!
i hope you will plan carefully and don't be afraid to ask lots of questions.
Posted By: b54406barrel

Re: Mopar Virgin - 01/04/09 05:56 PM

Quote:

From the VIN it is a 1972.
Here is a picture of my '71 on the chassis dyno.
It has a '72 power buldge hood I got from a junk yard.

Yep, definitely a 72 but, nothing wrong with 72's!

Posted By: 451Mopar

Re: Mopar Virgin - 01/04/09 05:58 PM

I noticed the ashtray is missing in the photos.
You can get one from a mid 1970's Chrysler Cordoba, it is even the same part number. I think the glove box liners are the same too.
I hope the front trun signals are still in the car, reproductions are not cheap.
My cars dash pad was pretty bad also. I had a local upholstery shop recover it and it came out really nice and it was not too expensive.
Posted By: Just Cameron

Re: Mopar Virgin - 01/05/09 06:09 AM

Don't think about looking for clean, rust free parts in CA. Chevy guys have derbied them all.

Posted By: 3404speed

Re: Mopar Virgin - 01/05/09 06:40 AM

The hood pins looks wrong on that car, is that factory?

Re: Mopar Virgin - 01/05/09 05:37 PM

Quote:

I don't think Etek was around on this board to have been stung by Challygirl, but I guess he can be a skeptic if he wants. He's on another board I'm on, and he's an alright dude. He has his own hot chick beside the car pics...lol.

Barbie....welcome to the board You should be able to find about anything you need here......and lot's of things you don't....lol Good luck with your Charger

Thanks JD - I guess there's no benefit for me to be untrusting. Sorry to get off on the wrong foot gents, I hope I'm wrong and she posts a pic of herself with the car!
Posted By: I go fast

Re: Mopar Virgin - 01/06/09 12:35 AM

Don't you find it strange that she was here for 1 1/2 hr when she(?)registered and has not been back since?

Re: Mopar Virgin - 01/06/09 12:37 AM

Quote:

Don't you find it strange that she was here for 1 1/2 hr when she(?)registered and has not been back since?

Not really, she probably has a life....we don't!

Re: Mopar Virgin - 02/14/09 01:16 AM

So....never to be heard from again - she must have quite the life!
Posted By: crowbait

Re: Mopar Virgin - 02/14/09 02:29 PM

actually thats a 72 se and with the p code 400 4 barrel its one of less than 3000. cool car.
CB
Posted By: 68CoronetRT

Re: Mopar Virgin - 02/14/09 02:45 PM

Quote:

So....never to be heard from again - she must have quite the life!

She was probably a He and laughing so hard at how many of you tripped over yourselves trying to "help" her.

Re: Mopar Virgin - 02/14/09 03:22 PM

Since "she" only stayed here for what was it an hour and a half he probably lost his nerve & couldn't continue the scam anymore. I was talking to a trucker the other day & he said that there is a CB converter that will change your voice(going over the air) from male to female(or vice versa), unbelieveable! These days I believe half of what I see & none of what I hear.

Re: Mopar Virgin - 02/15/09 03:05 PM

Posted By: A38s!

Re: Mopar Virgin - 02/15/09 05:01 PM

Quote:

Quote:

You're pretty!

© 2024 Moparts Forums