Moparts

Any Pics of the motor mounts in car please?!

Posted By: 440_ci

Any Pics of the motor mounts in car please?! - 01/04/09 12:07 AM

I have been trying to fit my rebuilt 440 back into my 68 charger for the past week but the mount bolts just wont line up and the engine is always crooked in the car. I have tried everything so i just need to see a picture of the mounts correctly in the car while the engine is in please post any and all , it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank You
Posted By: a12superbee

Re: Any Pics of the motor mounts in car please?! - 01/04/09 01:21 AM

If it's crooked after you drop it in and line up the mounts, are you sure you have the mounts bolted to the engine right?
The pictures in the manual can be hard to understand, if that's what you're using.

Re: Any Pics of the motor mounts in car please?! - 01/04/09 01:27 AM

I know they are right because i reinstalled them as i took them off the old engine. Also i have referenced a bunch of other pictures and they are correct so my problem lies somewhere else, but what it is i have no idea. I hope with some pics of them in the car i can reference and see where mine dont match. So if anyone has any spare pics of a big block in a b body.

Re: Any Pics of the motor mounts in car please?! - 01/04/09 02:11 PM

DO you have any pictures you could send me of the motor mounts of a big block sitting in the car ? if u wanna email them iam Theintimidator69@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Corey
Posted By: jbc426

Re: Any Pics of the motor mounts in car please?! - 01/04/09 02:46 PM

How about if I give you the spec I got with my TTI exhaust? They tell the measurements of where the crankshaft centerline is supposed to be in relation to the distance from the K-member and the left and right frame rail? Hang on and let me have some coffee before I go out in the garage and find the paperwork. I'll snap you some pics too. be right back...

Re: Any Pics of the motor mounts in car please?! - 01/04/09 03:21 PM

O that would be perfect, should be able to better tell just where iam at right now and how much closer i need to be. I really appreciate going out of your way to help here man your a life saver.

Thanks

Re: Any Pics of the motor mounts in car please?! - 01/04/09 04:02 PM

OK, here you go & with all due credit to TTI, "From the center of the crankshaft to the top of the K-frame the correct distance is 5-1/4". The engine is offset toward the passenger side. Measure from the center of the crankshaft to the inside of each frame rail. The difference should be 2-1/2"."

Sorry for the poor angle on the driver's side mount, but there's too much stuff in the way.

Attached picture 4922279-Enginemount003(Large).jpg

Re: Any Pics of the motor mounts in car please?! - 01/04/09 04:04 PM

Passenger side. Both pics are from the front of the car looking towards the back.

Attached picture 4922281-Enginemount001(Large).jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums