Moparts

Novice 68 Fury Question

Posted By: Focal7

Novice 68 Fury Question - 08/18/14 12:44 AM

I am looking to purchase a 68 Plymouth Fury. The car is a roller with NO engine. Can anyone tell me what engines would have originally come standard..........and then also what engines will actually fit without modifications? Thanks!
Posted By: MowP4rsn

Re: Novice 68 Fury Question - 08/18/14 01:15 AM

Anything from a 225 slant 6 to a 383 v8.
More than likely a 318 v8 if I were to guess
Posted By: 3hundred

Re: Novice 68 Fury Question - 08/18/14 04:22 AM

Post the 5th digit of the vin and we can tell you which one it came with. F, G, H are most likely or L if you're lucky.

Robert
Posted By: Focal7

Re: Novice 68 Fury Question - 08/19/14 01:24 AM

The VIN is PE21B8D300839 The car is a Plymouth Fury II It is an original 37,000 mile car that took a front end hit in 1972 and has been stored inside since. The owner bought a front end clip form a junk car same model & year. The car had a slant six originally but know comes with a 318 core and the owner wants $900. Thanks for the help.
Posted By: Andrewh

Re: Novice 68 Fury Question - 08/19/14 02:54 AM

no way.
no how is that a 900 dollar car from what you describe.
a front end hit on a /6 car you have to replace all the parts on is a parts car at best.
as a whole car it isn't worth 500.
parts might make it worth that if the doors are still good and the trunk is solid.

there are plenty of other fury's out there as a better starting point.

I suppose there are exceptoin reasons to consider it, but you would have to explain why you think it is a good idea.
Posted By: Commando1

Re: Novice 68 Fury Question - 08/19/14 02:39 PM

Quote:

I am looking to purchase a 68 Plymouth Fury. The car is a roller with NO engine. Can anyone tell me what engines would have originally come standard..........and then also what engines will actually fit without modifications? Thanks!

Depending what stub frame you currently have (/6, SB, BB) you can get engine mounts from Schumacher to go from /6 to SB or SB to BB for your C-body.

Many guys over here have dealt with this and can greatly help you:

http://www.forcbodiesonly.com/mopar-forum/forum.php
Posted By: Commando1

Re: Novice 68 Fury Question - 08/19/14 02:43 PM

Quote:

no way.
a front end hit on a /6 car you have to replace all the parts on is a parts car at best.
parts might make it worth that if the doors are still good and the trunk is solid.

I suppose there are exceptoin reasons to consider it, but you would have to explain why you think it is a good idea.

Can't say anything until there are pictures!
Posted By: feets

Re: Novice 68 Fury Question - 08/19/14 04:48 PM

Quote:

Quote:

no way.

Can't say anything until there are pictures!

I think Andy is going by his experience owning a 68 Sport Fury convertible. It was a highly optioned 383 car but was a bit rough. He was not able to sell the car whole and ended up parting it out.
© 2024 Moparts Forums