Moparts

'01 Ram replacement headlights

Posted By: Stroker

'01 Ram replacement headlights - 08/12/14 03:37 AM

I've been looking for replacement headlights online for my 2001 2500 Ram Sport. No euros, halos, or projectors needed.
Are the Dormans Ok, or are they offshore junk?
Just looking for something good -and clear - that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
My turn signals look like new, btw.
Posted By: D149

Re: '01 Ram replacement headlights - 08/12/14 03:45 AM

I just bought a pair of sport headlamps from LMC Truck for my 2001 Ram. I installed them this past week and they fit exactly like the original lights. I haven't driven the truck at night yet to see how well they work, but they seem just like stock. They are made overseas.

I got the entire headlamp including signal for $149.95 ea. They also have just the headlamp without the signal for a cheaper price.

Just one of the many options for headlights I found.

Dave
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: '01 Ram replacement headlights - 08/12/14 04:21 AM

The Sport headlights are more expensive than the std headlights, but the std ones can be made to work if you have access to a salvage yard for a few necessary pieces to make the conversion work.

Are your headlights just cloudy? If that is the issue, you can get them fairly clear again by sanding with some 1000 grit and spraying with clear coat. Works real well and keeps the yellow and clouding from coming back as soon.

Or you can just spring for a new set.
Posted By: 5wndwcpe

Re: '01 Ram replacement headlights - 08/13/14 02:45 AM

I bought a pair of Depos from Amazon for my '02 Sport. They fit well and ran around $100 each.
Posted By: Chris2581

Re: '01 Ram replacement headlights - 08/13/14 10:17 PM

Look on Ebag..I bought set for my 02 Ram and I paid $80 for both.Yes they are China made,but they work great.
© 2024 Moparts Forums