Moparts

bulkhead connector

Posted By: 62440

bulkhead connector - 08/02/14 07:09 AM

I have a old tried looking bulkhead connector from a 62 Plymouth. Looks like Bakelite or some kind of plastic. What sort of tricks do you guy's use to freshen one up ??? I was thinking about putting it in the dishwasher.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: bulkhead connector - 08/02/14 02:27 PM

Quote:

What sort of tricks do you guy's use to freshen one up ??? I was thinking about putting it in the dishwasher.

That'll work & perfect timing is the key with that plan. NAPA has brass "Packard 56 type" 1/4" male/female terminals but they are pricey (99 cents ea here). 725145 female and 725147 male. Crimp/solder them and raise the tab up a bit from flush on the female ones before pulling the wire/terminal back into the bulkhead. Use an eyeglass screwdriver to get the old terminals out (holler if you need more info on procedure)
Posted By: 62440

Re: bulkhead connector - 08/02/14 10:31 PM

Thanks, I have all the terminals out and scrubbed it with a toothbrush and dish soap. I think it needs to be sprayed with something to freshen it's look up. I was thinking along the lines of WD 40 or brake fluid. Another approach I was thinking about was completely eliminating the bulkhead connector on the firewall and going another route. Just not sure how to do it. I don't have any wiring in the car. now. I have a aftermarket wiring harness and was thinking along the lines of a terminal block on the inner frame rail near the starter.
© 2024 Moparts Forums