Moparts

Opinions please!

Posted By: superbeedave

Opinions please! - 07/30/14 04:13 PM

Have a little over a week till Mopar Nationals and I would like to change the oil in my Super Bee but I only have a little over 4 quarts of Brad Penn oil which I have been using for 3-4 years now. I probably only have about 700 miles on this oil when I changed it in June of last year. So my question is what could I use one quart of to add with the Brad Penn oil? I was thinking of something along the lines of Royal Purple break in oil. So, What would you do if you had this choice? Minus just going out and spending $40.00 - $50.00 on 5 qrts. of the same oil with zinc in it of course! Thanks, Dave!
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Opinions please! - 07/30/14 04:42 PM

Dave you came to the right place for opinions. Another qt of RP will be fine & no need for the breakin variety but if you have it on hand you will be fine with it

Re: Opinions please! - 07/30/14 04:57 PM

Thanks Robert!
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Opinions please! - 07/30/14 05:56 PM

I would not mix a synthitec oil with a non synthitec oil Isn't all Royal Purple oils synthitec? I like non synthitec Valvoline and if it is a flat tappet motor a bottle of either cam break in additive or Zinc additive
Posted By: mikemee1331

Re: Opinions please! - 07/30/14 09:08 PM

Quote:

I would not mix a synthitec oil with a non synthitec oil Isn't all Royal Purple oils synthitec? I like non synthitec Valvoline and if it is a flat tappet motor a bottle of either cam break in additive or Zinc additive

this is essentially what I do. name brand oil and a bottle of Lucas break in additive.
Posted By: BSB67

Re: Opinions please! - 07/31/14 01:20 AM

Quote:

So my question is what could I use one quart of to add with the Brad Penn oil?

Any motor oil you want
Posted By: BDW

Re: Opinions please! - 07/31/14 01:43 AM

With only 700 miles why even bother changing it? The time isn't a issue.
Highway miles are the best thing for an engine.

Re: Opinions please! - 07/31/14 07:15 AM

Thanks guy's for all the advice. Still deciding on what to do. I Will come up with my decision Sat. morning. Leaning towards to not changing the oil till end of year. Thanks again, Dave!
Posted By: BSB67

Re: Opinions please! - 07/31/14 12:33 PM

Quote:

With only 700 miles why even bother changing it? The time isn't a issue.
Highway miles are the best thing for an engine.

Best answer.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Opinions please! - 07/31/14 03:25 PM

Quote:

Have a little over a week till Mopar Nationals and I would like to change the oil in my Super Bee but I only have a little over 4 quarts of Brad Penn oil which I have been using for 3-4 years now. I probably only have about 700 miles on this oil when I changed it in June of last year. So my question is what could I use one quart of to add with the Brad Penn oil? I was thinking of something along the lines of Royal Purple break in oil. So, What would you do if you had this choice? Minus just going out and spending $40.00 - $50.00 on 5 qrts. of the same oil with zinc in it of course! Thanks, Dave!

Unless you think there is water from condensation or fuel in the oil why change it ?

As far as oil to use , Valvoline VR-1 non synthetic is formulated for Flat tappet engine still. you can get it in 10-30 and 10-40
Posted By: Dcuda69

Re: Opinions please! - 07/31/14 06:28 PM

Quote:

Brad Penn is semi-synthetic......not sure how that plays mixing with a synthetic(or non-synthetic for that matter) Either way I agree with the why even change it crowd.
© 2024 Moparts Forums