Moparts

2006 pacfica front end clunk

Posted By: Jopar

2006 pacfica front end clunk - 07/21/14 02:15 AM

Hello,

I have couple of questions on wife's 2006 pacifica. The car has a low speed clunk in the front end, and I have inspected it a couple times and the only thing I found is potential excessive end play on the passenger side Axle. Not sure if this is the culprit... Anybody have similar issues diagnosing? Could you tell me how to check if this end play is normal? Any other leads to help me figure this out? I have confirmed the cradle and mounts,sway bar, exhuast and struts are tight and good shape. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe
Posted By: buildanother

Re: 2006 pacfica front end clunk - 07/21/14 02:27 AM

On those things, have only heard about bad engine mounts as somewhat common, and rusted through subframes in rustbelt vehicles.
Posted By: 5wndwcpe

Re: 2006 pacfica front end clunk - 07/21/14 02:47 AM

Lower ball joints and inner and outer tie rod ends are common as well. Also, check the spindle nuts for the correct torque.
Posted By: AARCONV

Re: 2006 pacfica front end clunk - 07/25/14 05:14 AM

rotted front k-frame common problem, was a recall back then
Posted By: fshd4it

Re: 2006 pacfica front end clunk - 07/25/14 06:13 AM

My dad owned an 04 awd, which developed a bad "snap" when changing directions with the wheels turned (backing out of a driveway/ parking stall was the worst).After a lot of internet searching, I ended up replacing the power transfer unit (basically the transfer case), which fixed the problem. Chrysler had a notice published about this, which called for a couple gaskets/insulators to be installed on the axle shafts. Tried that first, but it didn't make any difference. Hope this helps, good luck.
Posted By: rth

Re: 2006 pacfica front end clunk - 07/25/14 01:42 PM

They also eat up sway bar links.
Posted By: Dcuda69

Re: 2006 pacfica front end clunk - 07/25/14 03:29 PM

Quote:

You need to check these with the weight of the vehicle on the wheels, if the suspension is hanging they will appear tight when they are not.
Posted By: Todd

Re: 2006 pacfica front end clunk - 07/26/14 03:28 AM

Quote:

Quote:

You need to check these with the weight of the vehicle on the wheels, if the suspension is hanging they will appear tight when they are not.

Also be sure to check the sway bar bushings the same way. Very common problem.
Have someone rock the vehicle side to side while you look at the bushings for slop.
Posted By: AARCONV

Re: 2006 pacfica front end clunk - 07/26/14 05:49 AM

eats links because the frame is loose/rotted
Posted By: 5wndwcpe

Re: 2006 pacfica front end clunk - 07/28/14 03:06 AM

Here's a good site for info. Not very active anymore sadly.

http://www.pacificaworld.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ved7oi0kdpl53ngb9jn7qqobh4;wwwRedirect
© 2024 Moparts Forums