Moparts

Need help with SW 960 tach

Posted By: ro23_j

Need help with SW 960 tach - 07/20/14 01:39 AM

I have an old Stewart Warner 960AA tach (does not require a sending unit) that I am trying to get to work with a Prestolite black box ignition system.

I do not have any wiring instructions so I contacted SW to find out if they could help but they no longer have any installation instructions for the old products. They did send me a drawing but the terminals are not labeled. The tach has three terminals on the back, one for coil, power and ground that were labeled when I got it. I hooked it up according to the labels but got nothing. Tried switching the coil signal wire from (-) to (+) with no difference.

Before I send it out for repair, I would like to try and find a copy of the installation instructions for this model, so if anyone would happen to have them, I would like to get a copy. Also, if anyone has used one of these with a transistor ignition, any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Need help with SW 960 tach - 07/20/14 02:37 AM

You might Google a request for those instructions & see what pops up. Do ya feel lucky
Posted By: ro23_j

Re: Need help with SW 960 tach - 07/21/14 02:30 AM

I tried that before I posted here but got nothing. There appears to be a lot of info for a similar SW model that was used in the Yenko cars, but that one uses a sending unit.

Thanks,
Jim
© 2024 Moparts Forums