Moparts

Your Opinion on Intakes is Valued!

Posted By: CHRGR69

Your Opinion on Intakes is Valued! - 01/01/09 06:12 PM

I have narrowed it down to the following intakes for a STOCK 69 Charger 440 and would like for this forum to help me decide. Looking for idle-5500/6000 and strictly street use.

*****VERY IMPORTANT THAT IT FITS UNDER THE STOCK HOOD*****
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Your Opinions Are Valued! *DELETED* - 01/01/09 06:23 PM

Stock street use. Stick with a stock intake. Slight upgrade go with the ch4b. Painted it looks stock but will give you a bit more oomph.
Posted By: StealthWedge67

Re: Your Opinions Are Valued! - 01/01/09 07:10 PM

I guess if its totally "stock", I'm assuming your goal is a restoration type car. In that case, I'd opt for the "stock" intake manifold.
Posted By: CHRGR69

Re: Your Opinions Are Valued! - 01/01/09 07:16 PM

Quote:

I guess if its totally "stock", I'm assuming your goal is a restoration type car. In that case, I'd opt for the "stock" intake manifold.

Its already been restoed. Time for change.
Posted By: NachoRT74

Re: Your Opinions Are Valued! - 01/01/09 07:30 PM

Dunno about performance really BUT I'm kinda agree with the rest on keep stock piece UNLESS you get a nice deal around getting cheaper than market prices, someone used or unsatisfied costumer trying to rid off the unit he got.

I'm trying to get an eddy 2186 to my 400 because I want to keep more less stock look and same useage, painting in fact the intake too, but just if I get a DIRTY CHEAP deal, not expecting to pay $200-$250 what is the price.

so I think we are more less on same deal ?

Posted By: Dr-Dave2

Re: Your Opinion on Intakes is Valued! - 01/01/09 07:50 PM

If the rest of the car is truly stock I really dont see much gain by changing the intake only.
In NHRA stock eliminator a 440 charger falls in D/SA or maybe E/SA, they are REQUIRED by the rules to run the stock intake. and the national record is close to mid 10s..... sometimes stock aint so bad...and ( quite possible acid ported )
Posted By: bobby66

Re: Your Opinion on Intakes is Valued! - 01/01/09 07:55 PM

You can grow into the Street Dominator when you step up the cam, add headers etc. That's my choice.
Posted By: Streetwize

Re: Your Opinion on Intakes is Valued! - 01/01/09 10:12 PM

The street Dominator works very well on stock apps....never fully understood why it did, but it does.

Can't go wrong with the performer RPM but say good bye to your factory air cleaner.

One you didn't mention is the Awesome Indy 440-2d dual plane which outflows the RPM and with Max wedge porting flows ~360cfm and enough to feed a 700hp motor....this one has the most ultimate potential and sitrs lower than the RPM but it's not on your list.
Posted By: gch

Re: Your Opinion on Intakes is Valued! - 01/01/09 10:34 PM

The street dominator is an awesome intake but loses the stock appearance.
The rpm is great also but taller and non stock appearing also.
The ch4b has been better than expected on my 496(I don't have enough clearance for the rpm and the ch4b has more bottom end and low midrange than the sd in my HEAVY car.It also cleaned up the idle vs the sd in my low compression motor.
It makes good power and is stock appearing if that matters for you.
Posted By: B5 Bee

Re: Your Opinion on Intakes is Valued! - 01/01/09 11:11 PM

CH4B, a period correct manifold for the 'Day 2' nostalgic look. If it were mine, I'd paint it, makes it easier to wash off any gas strains.
If you have headers, a 230*@.050 or larger cam, a 2800+ stall convertor and are wanting more, go with the Street Dominator.
Posted By: coachoff

Re: Your Opinion on Intakes is Valued! - 01/02/09 03:33 AM

Hi
I have tried the Mopar P5153525 intake on my '69 roadrunner and a '70 Coronet 440 and it is crazy tall and won't fit under the stock hood. Tried both a Holly and an AFB carb. If you can find the P4529118 it is basically a stock intake just in aluminum. Don't know why they don't make that anymore.
© 2024 Moparts Forums