Moparts

best cleaner, dressing for a vinyl top

Posted By: frank

best cleaner, dressing for a vinyl top - 06/18/14 03:38 AM

My vinyl top is not looking good; . What do you use on your top to clean and dress? I do not want to use Armor All
Posted By: Sxrxrnr

Re: best cleaner, dressing for a vinyl top - 06/18/14 03:42 AM

303 Protectant,,,use it everywhere,,,tires, interior, door rubber, rubber floor mats, under hood hoses, etc
Posted By: JAK

Re: best cleaner, dressing for a vinyl top - 06/18/14 01:43 PM

303 protectant is great stuff
Posted By: jbc426

Re: best cleaner, dressing for a vinyl top - 06/18/14 05:57 PM

Never use Armor All on anything! 303 is one of the best. The key is to gently clean the top prior to applying the 303. It's easy to make burnishing marks on the top if you rub too hard in one spot.

Follow the directions on the 303 to the letter, don't use too much, use even coverage and buff off excess right away. If you apply several coats in the first few weeks, it will build up a good layer of protection and really soak into the material. Sometimes I finish it off with Griot's Vinyl Dressing, which has a bit more sheen.
Posted By: Yellow Fever

Re: best cleaner, dressing for a vinyl top - 06/18/14 07:31 PM

Been using 303 for decades, I buy it by the gallon.
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: best cleaner, dressing for a vinyl top - 06/18/14 08:30 PM

How about using 303 on a dash pad? where can you buy 303?
Posted By: denfireguy

Re: best cleaner, dressing for a vinyl top - 06/18/14 08:37 PM

Quote:

How about using 303 on a dash pad? where can you buy 303?

Web page: http://www.goldeagle.com/brands/303-products

Some Walmarts, Amazon.com have it
Posted By: denfireguy

Re: best cleaner, dressing for a vinyl top - 06/18/14 09:24 PM

Seems like most RV places have the stuff. It is on Camping World web site. I just found some at their local store.
Posted By: 05dakota

Re: best cleaner, dressing for a vinyl top - 06/18/14 09:26 PM

Ragg Topp
Posted By: Sxrxrnr

Re: best cleaner, dressing for a vinyl top - 06/18/14 10:48 PM

Autogeek.com Detail supplier to the stars. Often have 20% off sales with free shipping if purchase certain amount. They have almost every detailing product.

They sell a certain special sponge that makes applying 303 and other products much easier with less waste and a better job than an old Turkish towel. Look for it.
Posted By: 318 Stroker

Re: best cleaner, dressing for a vinyl top - 06/18/14 11:11 PM

Quote:

Never use Armor All on anything! 303 is one of the best. The key is to gently clean the top prior to applying the 303. It's easy to make burnishing marks on the top if you rub too hard in one spot.

Sorry to disagree, but I will use nothing but Armor All on my Challenger dash pad and vinyl top, as I've done for 40 years. I've owned the car since it was 6 months old, and I still have the original uncracked dash pad. How many E-body owners can say that? My vinyl top was perfect also, but I had to replace it because some roof rust bubbled through it.

Going to go out tonight and give them another coat of Armor All...
Posted By: RSNOMO

Re: best cleaner, dressing for a vinyl top - 06/18/14 11:34 PM

A friend who owns a detail shop says no to Armor-All because of alcohol content...
Posted By: 5thAve

Re: best cleaner, dressing for a vinyl top - 06/19/14 12:01 AM

Quote:

A friend who owns a detail shop says no to Armor-All because of alcohol content...

It's not alcohol content, it's silicone based that's the problem.
Posted By: Pynzo

Re: best cleaner, dressing for a vinyl top - 06/19/14 01:02 AM

Try Blue Magic. I've used it on my New Yorker and 5 Jeep Wrangler rag tops and it works great.

Attached picture 8180371-image.jpg
Posted By: bonefish

Re: best cleaner, dressing for a vinyl top - 06/19/14 02:19 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Sorry to disagree, but I will use nothing but Armor All on my Challenger dash pad and vinyl top, as I've done for 40 years. I've owned the car since it was 6 months old, and I still have the original uncracked dash pad. How many E-body owners can say that? My vinyl top was perfect also, but I had to replace it because some roof rust bubbled through it.

Going to go out tonight and give them another coat of Armor All...

ive used armorall for the last 40 years on every thing for my cars and bikes,never a prob.i just recently started using Meguiars , i think i like it a little better but its not a deal breaker.
Posted By: frank

Re: best cleaner, dressing for a vinyl top - 06/19/14 03:33 AM

Thanks for all the info--looks like 303 wins. I'm gonna try it.
© 2024 Moparts Forums