Moparts

Auto Body Guys.. Which HVLP Gun do you like?

Posted By: EV2RUNNER

Auto Body Guys.. Which HVLP Gun do you like? - 06/17/14 10:48 PM

Hey Guys, Im getting ready to paint my Truck, and am considering buying an HVLP Gun. Ive painted several with an old style Binks with decent results. Just looking for a good gun,have not used an HVLP..What size Nozzles etc would you recommend for Regular Base/Clear use? Ive seen many using SATA and IWATA.. What would the Pro Body guys on here recommend? Thanks!
Posted By: hudsonhornet7x

Re: Auto Body Guys.. Which HVLP Gun do you like? - 06/17/14 11:46 PM

For color I like an Iwata LPH-400

For clear I like an Iwata W-400 ( meant for waterborne color but it is an awesome clear gun)

Also I have played around with 3M's plastic gun, the accuspray- really, really good gun for the money and you can change fluid tips at the drop of a hat. Sprays like a new gun everytime with very little cleanup.

Any gun can work but these work well for me.
Posted By: T2R9

Re: Auto Body Guys.. Which HVLP Gun do you like? - 06/17/14 11:51 PM

Although I am not a Pro I too painted several cars over the years with my trusty Binks model 69. When I was ready to paint my Duster about 4 years ago I decided I wanted to try a HVLP gun. I bought a Devilbiss Finishline. Wonderful gun! I did not know what I was missing. I shot the Duster in Acrylic Urethane B5, and it was the best paint I ever laid down. My Binks is a primer gun these days.

As far as the tip sizes and Base/clear questions I will leave that to the pros.
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: Auto Body Guys.. Which HVLP Gun do you like? - 06/18/14 02:37 AM

My wife loves all of her Iwata guns from touch up to full size guns
Gus

Attached picture 8179411-rearviewsavoy.jpg
Posted By: megajoltman

Re: Auto Body Guys.. Which HVLP Gun do you like? - 06/18/14 03:18 AM

Not a pro but....

Iwata LPH-400 is what I have it's a very nice spraying gun.
Posted By: stinger

Re: Auto Body Guys.. Which HVLP Gun do you like? - 06/18/14 04:09 AM

if you can find a used Sata NR 2000,very good all around gun with a 1.3 tip and needle. I have the Iwata supernova,good clear gun but not impressed with the build quality.
Posted By: EV2RUNNER

Re: Auto Body Guys.. Which HVLP Gun do you like? - 06/18/14 05:53 AM

T2R9 That's exactly what Ive got, good old Binks.. Thanks guys for the input, Now time to search the net for a good deal!
© 2024 Moparts Forums