Moparts

Blower Motor

Posted By: CHRGR69

Blower Motor - 12/30/08 08:02 PM

Refurbishing my non A/C heater box on my E body. I wanted to test the motor, so I did +2+ and -to- on the battery. Nothing. So I tried it with the new motor. Also nothing. What's up?
Posted By: 69Cuda340S

Re: Blower Motor - 12/30/08 09:59 PM

Quote:

Refurbishing my non A/C heater box on my E body. I wanted to test the motor, so I did +2+ and -to- on the battery. Nothing. So I tried it with the new motor. Also nothing. What's up?

It should spin even if you have the polarity reversed?
Posted By: CHRGR69

Re: Blower Motor - 12/30/08 10:09 PM

Quote:

Quote:

It should spin even if you have the polarity reversed?

Correct! I did that too with both motors. Nothing! Does the casing have to be grounded?
Posted By: 71rm23

Re: Blower Motor - 12/30/08 10:57 PM

I was affraid that mine wouldn't work when I rebuilt my heater box. I tested it on a battery. Pos to pos, neg to ground. Viola, it worked
Posted By: 69Cuda340S

Re: Blower Motor - 12/31/08 01:23 AM

The blower motor in my car has one power and one ground wire. I was just testing it today because I was diagnosing a squeaking noise in the motor. If I connect 12 volts to the ground and positive wires of the motor it spins. The motor case itself was not grounded. The motor would spin if I switch polarity too.
© 2024 Moparts Forums