Moparts

The Cracks in the cradle.

Posted By: fullmetaljacket

The Cracks in the cradle. - 12/29/08 10:47 PM

So it seems by my inspection that the motor went south and I might be lucky to find it before it would have had an abortion on the track.
What I thought to be bad guides and or seals is looking like every thing went wrong perfectly.
Posted By: stumpy

Re: The Cracks in the cradle. - 12/29/08 11:52 PM

What are you talking about???
Posted By: rm23j8g

Re: The Cracks in the cradle. - 12/29/08 11:53 PM

Whew....for a moment there, I thought you were talking about child care in da 'hood!
Posted By: Rollin Hand

Re: The Cracks in the cradle. - 12/30/08 12:43 AM

and the silver spoon?
Posted By: rm23j8g

Re: The Cracks in the cradle. - 12/30/08 01:02 AM

or the Little Boy Blue and the man on the moon???
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: The Cracks in the cradle. - 12/30/08 01:06 AM

when ya coming home dad?

Re: The Cracks in the cradle. - 12/30/08 01:08 AM

Sorry Fellas for the lack of info.
I believe my block is cracked some where on the bottom of the cylinder valley because as I removed my suspected troubled heads off the other day, I found three cylinders to have a coat of rust on the upper half side of the walls.
The rust was not removable with the naked hand or a rag, but would need to be taken off with some kind of scuff pad probably. The rest of the said cylinders were shinny with almost no cross hatch pattern. All the other cylinders were similarly shinny, but with no rust film. The pistons tops were rather clean with an expected slight coat of combustion residue. Nothing out of the ordinarily.

This motor has less than 2500 miles on it. Bummed, but not pointing fingers as these things are out of reach some times. It will just be that much better next time around.
PS: I never overheated and always ran Anti-freeze in the winter months. Block was sonic tested, magnafluxed, washed,deck plate bored and honed, squared, aligned honed, balanced, the whole 9.

Re: The Cracks in the cradle. - 12/30/08 01:11 AM

LOL.
© 2024 Moparts Forums