Moparts

Vintage Holley Street Dominator big block intake review

Posted By: mro

Vintage Holley Street Dominator big block intake review - 05/11/14 02:53 AM

Is anyone running one of these and if so what are your thoughts?
thanks
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Vintage Holley Street Dominator big block intake review - 05/11/14 03:23 AM

I have one for a "B" 451 but I ain't up & running yet. I've heard it has fairly good low end for a single plane but that there are significantly better ones out there. it is a spread bore & very low profile & has been around for decades. Here's a BTT for ya
Posted By: baracus

Re: Vintage Holley Street Dominator big block intake review - 05/11/14 03:38 AM

I have two I have picked up over the years, haven't ran one yet but one of the magazines did a big block mopar intake shootout a few years ago for low-decks and this intake performed very well, close in performance to the performer rpm. Also is lower rise than a lot of aftermarket intakes so fits under stock hoods, run it. Someone will have the link to the article.
Posted By: 383man

Re: Vintage Holley Street Dominator big block intake review - 05/11/14 03:44 AM

I ran one on my old 440 combo. It was 10.0 comp 906 headed 440 with the MP .557 cam. Used an 850 DP and at 3700 lbs it ran a best of 11.49 @ 116 with a 1.57 best 60. I was pleased with it as it was low enough to fit under my hood also. Ron

Posted By: markz528

Re: Vintage Holley Street Dominator big block intake review - 05/11/14 04:56 AM

Years ago I ran that and my ported Mopar M1. They basically ran the same at the track - 11's. But the Holley was a lot shorter. Today that intake is on my daughter's street/strip high 13 second car.
© 2024 Moparts Forums